Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Call me crazy...

But I am seriously considering if it's time to start trying for no.2...

anyone else feeling broody?

Replies

• You are crazy!! I get little waves of missing my bump, but we had such a traumatic time with the colic im just enjoying how lovely things are at the moment. When she starts nursery at 4 we might start to try again I think. However, my cousin had her baby 4 days after me and her next one is due in July!! A small age gap is lovely as they get bigger xx
  • Definitely....NOT! image

And that's not because I had a bad pregnancy or birth, hubby and I are just totally happy with one. It took us 2 miscarriages to finally get our bundle of joy and that's it for us.

Zxx
  • Erin is our second and we're not planning on having anymore!
  • after my DD I was ready to try for no.2 within a few months, I was so broody. (even though I had to wait a year before we started TTC due to finances).

This time round I feel totally NOT BROODY! I thought I wanted 3 or 4 children but now I have my two I feel complete. I also still am recovering from not getting much sleep for the past 6 months (he is now getting much better, some nights he goes 6-6, other nights he's a bit of a nightmare)

I think we will stop at 2.

Have fun TTC! I hope it all happens quickly for you xx
  • I'm in the same boat as Zoe as suffered a MMC before Phoebe. I love her so much I want her to have me all to herself! :lol:
  • Sounds like I am the odd one out at the minute lol! We have decided to go for it, so once AF buggers off we will see how it goes - but I think as we already have one baby now I will try not to be so obsessive about TTC...

Roo, that's really interesting about changing your mind on the number of children to have as I have always imagined a 3/4 child family for myself but I guess you never know how you'll feel after each one!

GB, blimey your cousin was on it quickly then!

Hope everyone is well image x
  • You're crazy, but go for it!!!

I was pregnant with MasterG when MissG was this age. We started trying when she was four months old, but it took us a few attempts, so by the time she was seven months old number two was on the way.

I can already tell they're going to be the bestest of buddies and I think the short age gap is heplng that.

I'm sticking at two though. Happy with my lot and not at all broody. Just loving my babies.

All the best and hope you get a nice BFP soon.

xx
  • Ah good luck, I can understand as I am just starting to feel over my labour (was very traumatised!!) and have been thinking about a second, although I definitely wont be doing it yet as I dont feel ready to share Thomas yet! But I'm sure it will be lovely as they grow up to be so close in age! X
  • i was already TTC when my first was this age, we have a 18 month gap, we are considering going for no3 this summer, now thats crazy :lol:
  • not crazy at all! we are on month 2 of ttc number 2 image

xxx
  • I've not been on here for so long but we are going to start ttc no 4 in september! I really would try now but we have a family holiday booked for september and i want to enjoy that first started charting ov though already!