Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

Rolling in sleep...........

Phoebe keeps rolling onto her tummy in her sleep and then cant get back onto her back so she wakes up and cries. Anyone know how I can stop her rolling? Im up more than I was when she needed night feeds!!

Replies

• Bless you. Jazmine started this about 6 or 7 weeks ago, and we would run in and turn her over. However, after a few nights of doing this, she now just stays asleep on her tummy - she seems to love that position (takes after her mummy). image

Some nights she has woken on her tummy and some on her back, so she can obviously roll back over now too, which is good.

How about a rolled up towel/blanket or something placed next to her on the side she mostly rolls over from...? Or a few toys that would make it difficult for her to roll over...? Not sure what else to suggest really.

Zxx
  • Matilda doesn't do this yet, but I think like Z suggests you could try rolled up towels or blankets (I think they sell foam supports that do the same thing but seem a waste of money). When Matilda's reflux was bad we used to prop her on her side using rolled up blankets to stop her moving as she was more comfy that way - so I think it would probably work to stop her rolling over too.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. The trouble is, she doesnt need any space to roll over so the rolled up blankets havent made any difference. I wish she would just stay asleep on her tum but she either cries, ends up moving to the top of the cot and bashes her head on the headboard, or pushes herself up into a crawling position and begins trying to play! We were up for an hour last night trying to get her back to sleep. Hopefully moving her into her own room tomorrow will help x
  • its just a matter of time, she'll soon settle or learn to roll back x