Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

A Beautiful Moment

Hi Ladies

As most of you know hubby looks after Jazzie while I'm at work, then we swap over at 5pm and he goes of out to work. So while he gets all day with her, I get a snatched half hour or so at lunchtime and then from just after 5pm till about 6.30pm (ish) when she goes to bed.

Normally I give her tea, then we have lots of play, before winding down for bottle and bed.

However, was feeling knackered tonight when I got home (I've been off work with bronchitis the week before), so I laid on the bed with her, the curtains were still open, and the sun was setting and it was such a beautiful sky. I pulled her in close to me and we cuddled, she didn't try to move or anything, I just told her about my day, asked her if she had had fun with daddy, told her about what we were doing at the weekend etc. At one point, I felt sure she was asleep, but after peering down at her, she was wide awake still, just really cuddled in close and was just listening to the sound of my voice. We lay there for about 15 mins, it was such a beautiful moment and one I shall treasure always.

15 minutes was her limit though, then she got angsty and demanded her bottle!!! image

I so love my little girl!! I want to cuddle her so much sometimes I'm frightened I might hug her too hard and she will pop!! :lol:

Zxx

Replies