Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sleep crying?!

hi ladies, wandering if anyone has heard of this,

freya is just over 7 months, has been in her own room for a few months now, she used to be a fantastic sleeper (sleeping from 7pm to 7am, have a feed then go back to sleep till 9am)

however about 2 months ago freya started waking in the middle of the night, still asleep and hysterically crying, she did this about 2 or 3 times.

it takes us at least an hour to calm her down.

tried numerous things, a dull light in the room, a light projector with lullabys, dummy to try and calm her.

asked the health vistor about it and she said we're imaginging it and brushed it off

anyone else heard of babies doing this? me and hubby are completly stumped :?

not sure what to do image

x x

Replies

• Options
    Firstly, your HV is a moron. Im so sorry you were treated so badly. I have got a bit of a bee in my bonnet regarding HV's as I too received no support when we were going through the trauma of colic. The only thing I can think to suggest is perhaps it has something to do with food? I know that if a baby eats too late at night it can interfere with their sleep, and if a baby is allergic to a certain food it can have the same effect. It could also be down to teething I guess? Phoebe gets very tearful when she's teething but is relatively easy to settle. Sorry, im not much help x
  • Options
    Hi

My friend's little girl suffers from night terrors, it can be a frightening experience for them as their little girl (she is 2 now) cries out in the night like she is terrified but is still asleep. But then doesn't remember anything about it in the morning and apart from this sleeps well.

It is a little known condition that my friend had a lot of trouble with the HV diagnosing. her gp was really helpful tho and they are confident that it is something she will grow out of and has not affected her mood or development at all she simply doesn't remember anything in the morning and is the sweetest happiest little girl.

It might not be that, but sounds similar to what she experiences (esp about the part about her still being asleep)..... might be worth investigating.....

Good luck, it must be frightening for you seeing her like that poor little thing.... x
  • Options
    iwas going to say night terrors, i think we are going through this, shes never been a great sleeper but did start going 7pm till 5am then after a few nights of that started waking screaming but still asleep, we find waking her and offering boob calms her quickest as trying to settle her distresses her and wakes our toddler, as i think shes alseep i can only assume its this ans not teething which is another thought?