Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Introducing myself

Hi!

I have only just found out that I'm expecting. Haven't used this site in a long time! I have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 19 months.

I tested yesterday evening and got a faint line, so tested again this morning using FMU. The line was slightly darker but still faint.

Was only due yesterday so it's very early days, I'm hoping being able to chat on here will help stop me from telling the world lol

Anyway, everyone is feeling well and I look forward to 'meeting' you all image

Replies

• Options
    congratulations image im a first timer and couldnt help blabbing to closest friends! so maybe i need to post more to stop myself lol. im 6+3 and v v nervous! got my first drs appointment in morning! eek! heres to a h&h 9 months! x
  • Options
    welcome and congratulations ! im a second timer and have already told more people than i did first time ! im 5 + 3 ( i think finding it harder to remember the dates this time )

def need to post on here more so i dont tell even more people
  • Options
    And to you! With my first two, I found out at 6 weeks and promptly told everybody! Well, actually, we told the inlaws, told them to keep it quiet, and MIL told her whole family :evil:

Plus, we have found out even sooner this time, so want to give it a bit more time, just to be safe. Don't be hard on yourself though, it's your first!

Are you excited about your appt? I'm excited about booking mine haha! But I'm so early on that I think OH would freak out! I had issues with my iron levels in both previous pregnancies, so said tonight that when I'm out tomorrow I'll have to get some iron tabs. He said "bit soon for all that, we don't even know if you definitely are yet!" :roll: although I can see his point, as I am worried about getting too excited just yet... I keep getting these rushes of butterflies every time I think about it
  • Options
    Sorry mummyLintern, we must have cross-posted before.

I found the dates harder to remember second time too! I can still remember the date of my LMP with DD but have no clue what it was with DS!

How are you finding pregnancy second time around? Xx
  • Options
    Hi hun, good to have you here.

We told everyone at 5 weeks last time. We had been trying for 8 months and he was our first so we just couldnt help ourselves. This time we are trying to keep quiet until 12 weeks but my son already keeps saying baby every two minutes and sometimes rubs my tummy and says awwwwww so he may give the game away.
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to DIJ! I am 5 weeks today and only hubby and my sister know. Don't think we will tell anyone else for a while yet.

Hoping to convince DH to pay for a private scan around 7 or 8 weeks as 12 weeks is so far away.

I already have a 2 year old dd and can't wait to give her a brother or sister.

Hope your feeling ok.xx
  • Options
    Hi Wif, thank you for the welcome. Thats very cute about your son! We haven't told DD yet, she would definitely tell the world! Looking forward to telling her, as she has been asking for a baby sister. I asked her if she would mind having a other baby brother, as mummy can't pick, but she says it has to be a sister :lol: I don't think I'll hold out til 12 weeks either, I would say we will have told immediate family at least.

Sharlouise, Good luck convincing your DH! Have you told your DD? I found mine didn't really understand, so I'm looking forward to letting her be much more involved this time. I've been feeling fine so far. I'm very eager to see how I go, as I had hyperemesis with my girl, and no sickness at all with my boy, so the guessing will start soon lol

Hope everyone else is feeling ok image
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I'm finding it so hard to keep to myself this time too! I've told most of our close friends already..

It's so exciting! xx
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats image not told my girls yet as they would tell everyone lol
  • Options
    aww how exciting for your lil uns and bless her for wanting a sister. well i was sooo nervous before my appointment! im new to the gp surgery anyway and what a way to introduce myself lol first thing i say is im pregnant lol. im super excited now as ive got my midwives appointment next week! ill be 7+6. i havent told my parents yet as there on holiday and im left at home with their dog lol. i hope you are well and no sickness is kicking in, i appear to be lucky as no one in my family ever gets morning sickness! bet ill be the exception! x
  • Options
    Hi Mitxi! I have had a hard time of it tonight, FIL was here, I nearly let it slip so many times!

Hi 2girlywhirlys, mine would do the same. She never forgets anything, I wish my memory was a quarter of what hers is. Which is only gonna get worse with another pregnancy lol :lol:
  • Options
    I have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 19 months. I

Hi Sscn, I'm just perusing old threads and saw this one - i hadn't realised but we've got practiually the same age gap between our LOs and must have been lurking on here at around the same time before. I presume you were in the DIMarch10 forum with your DS? I was in DIApril10 with my DD2. My DD1 is also 4, well 4 1/2 as they're both April babies. It's slightly odd this time to be expecting at a (slightly) different time of year!
  • Options
    I have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 19 months. I

Hi Sscn, I'm just perusing old threads and saw this one - i hadn't realised but we've got practiually the same age gap between our LOs and must have been lurking on here at around the same time before. I presume you were in the DIMarch10 forum with your DS? I was in DIApril10 with my DD2. My DD1 is also 4, well 4 1/2 as they're both April babies. It's slightly odd this time to be expecting at a (slightly) different time of year!

Feebs! I've only just seen this! I would have been DIFeb with DS, but didn't really use the forum at that point. DD was August, there's 30 months and a day between them image means I've had a baby during a heat wave and during a freezing spell!

There'll be a 28/29 month gap this time too, so quite pleased about that! Your age gap must be a bit smaller this time too? I'm sure I remembered your name though, I was always much more of a lurker on here before, it's only this time round I'm posting. I only discovered the site when DD was 2 months old, I must have had a bad night - according to my stats, I joined at 5:30am :lol:
  • Options
    Lol Sscn! I know I joined during work hours why newly pg with DD1 which says everything about my work ethic!!

I'll have quite a bit smaller gap this time as it was 36 months between DD1 and DD2 but this time will be just 26 months. We wanted them closer though partly as DH and I are older and partly so there wasn't too big a gap between DD1 and baby 3. It will be strange to have to contemplate things like a double buggy and I'm not sure that DD2 will be as good about giving up her baby of the family status as DD1 was. I'm seeing very definite signs of jealousy if I show intreats in any babies and unlike with DD1 she'll be a little too young to totally understand why she's having to share me with someone new.

Oh well it won't last long and I'm so looking forward to having the dynamic of 3 little dudes playing together image
  • Options
    Yeah, I still get some jealousy off DD. As soon as Oh or I start giving any kind of attention to DS, she starts jumping in the way. OH can barely interact with him at all some days, even if he talks to him, DD will talk over the top of them. If he does anything that gets him any attention, she will copy it, things like that.

I think DS will be worse too. He's a mummy's boy, he can be very clingy to me, I can't seehimreacting very well to a newborn. but sure, we'll get there won't we?

Yeah I'm looking forward to having another one running round playing. May need to invest in some ear plugs though lol these two make enough noise as it is!

Would it be nice for you to have a boy this time or would you prefer another girl?
  • Options
    My DD1 was brilliant when DD2 came along. Mainly because she got so many presents and treats as it co-incided with her birthday (they're 3 days apart!) and she got lots of big sister fuss, and I think the fact that she was older helped. She did tell me to put the baby down a few times in the very early days but mostly just wasn't that interested in DD2 until quite recently when DD2 could walk and play with her! DD2 will be so much more of a baby when this one arrives that I think it will be harder but equally. Suppose it will also become normal t her much more quickly too so that should help!

My DH is DESPERATE for a DS this time around so officially that's what I want too but honestly, if it wasn't for his feelings I'd happily have a third girl!! Somehow have never pictured myself with a son but I know will enjoy the different experience if we get a blue one this time!!!

How about you? As you have one of each which was easier?!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, getting told to put the baby down! I totally forgot about that! Part of the reason I stopped Bf DS at a week was because of how hard DD was taking it.

I have a friend who has had two girls and says under no circumstances would she want a boy, if she has a third she wants a girl, which is why I asked. I read an article recently that says the happiest families have two girls!

OH was the same about wanting a boy. I think it's that stereotypical image of playing football!

Neither is easier! They are difficult in different ways lol! He was easier as a newborn, so far she was easier as a toddler. He isn't two yet though, so that may change! But to be fair, I could have encountered the same differences with two girls. She's a very typical girl, and he's a typical boy. She loves dolls and pink and clothes. He loves trains and balls :roll: We haven't encouraged this, I'm the least girlie girl I know, but it just was their nature.

I'm waffling now! If it gives a better answer, as things stand, Oh and I want another boy :lol: maybe I should delete the rest of the post and just leave that lol xx