Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help ...driving myself insane!

Found out last week I was pregnant after a mc in Sept. I think I am just over 5 weeks, unsure as not had af since mc. All was going well feeling fine until yesterday. On and off through the afternoon I had a dull aching pain on my lower right hand side (ovary area!) and then last night a small amount of pinky bloody mucas (sorry if tmi) and then this morning a tiny amount of the same. Still have pregnancy symptoms, done another test just and a very strong line. Cannot help but think I am starting to MC for a 3rd time in 6 months. Everyone says relax and try not to worry but how is that possible after previous experiences. Trying to convince myself it was late implantation bleeding but also setting myself up for another failure.

Replies

• Options
    Aw dear Abi! That's terrible!

Hopefully the fact that you're still having symptoms and getting strong lines are good signs, unfortunately I have no experience so can't really help other than to empathise.

Can your docs do anything for you? Refer you for an early scan even?

I hope everything works out ok xx
  • Options
    FC for you hun! I had pink/brown mucas and some crampy twinges for about 4 days off and on around the time AF was due which I haven't had with either of my previous pregnancies so I've put it down to an implantation bleed or something. Could be the same for you? I'm fairly sure that if it doesnt get steadily heavier and go to bright red blood it's nothing to worry about but considering your history I would def contact the EPU to put your mind at ease xxx
  • Options
    Thanks guys, got a phone call booked in with dr tomorrow to discuss it. Taking the attitude now what will be will be as I know from previous occasions nothing can change things. image x
  • Options
    hey hun- hope everything will be fine. I've had ovary area pain with my dd and this one so far- I think its ligaments stretching and nothing like AF cramps. I also had some spotting 8 and 9 dpo (along with the cramps) could it be you're earlier along than you thought ? x
  • Options
    Hi abi, try not to worry, it could just be stretching. At 5.5 weeks I had sharp twinges on my right side that came and went for 3-4 days then disappeared. A Dr friend said it was likely just stretching. Hopefully same for you!