Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is your sickness like?

Hello ladies, feeling sorry for myself today, puked up my breakfast for the first time and then couldn't face work. Is this going to happen every day now or do you have good days and bad days? How are you all feeling. Im 8 weeks now???? Contemplating taking some annual leave off work but not sure which week I'm likely to be worst? Did your sickness get worse before it went?

Replies

• Hi - I'm gatecrashing from DIF. With me I definately had good days and bad. It was worst between 6 - 10 weeks and I ended up off sick between 7 and 10 weeks; but I did have fairly low iron too.

But, since I've been back at work I still had to adjust my working hours and start later on in the morning (more like 10am than my usual 8.30am). I'm okay for a 9am start now, but for a while there was no way I could get up and going (whilst allowing time to be sick, or just feel sick!) and in work on time.

It's a tricky one to predict and I don't know how flexible your job is, but some time off definately helped me. Mind you, it was also nice to get back to work and some normality again when I was feeling a little better.

Just wanted to say that with a bit of luck you will feel better again at some point! I thought my world was falling apart and felt absolutely terrible for a long time - but now I feel really good (if a little tired!) and am really enjoying my pregnancy. So there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! image
  • I am 7 weeks today. I feel nauseous most of the time without actually getting sick. It makes me worried as I am not getting sick. Thinking of food makes me really nauseous but I dont have much problem in actually eating it :?
  • Riri, that's how I was to begin with and the most of the time now but the odd thing just tips me over the edge now, fingers crossed itl pass soon! You are lucky you havnt been sick although constant nausea is pretty depressing too huh! Roll on the 2nd trimester!
  • Just looking through all the "old" threads image

I was only sick twice whilst expecting my son, but I felt sick a lot... Not everyone actually vomits, but I did sometimes wonder whether I would have felt better if I could have just gotten it out!

So far I believe it's too early on for me to experience that, but I can say I'm not looking forward to it! Roll on the (apparently) radiant 2nd trimester indeed!

Spring 4+6 x
  • I'm 7 + 2 and been getting nausea for the last week. It's when I get up - I have to have something to eat straight away or I feel awful then it seems to come on at 11am so I've learnt to make sure I can have something to eat then as well - it sends me into turmoil when it comes on - I just cant focus, get all cold sweaty and emotional with the nausea. I did throw up last week at tea time and tbh it made me feel better. My little girl keeps telling me 'Mummy Poorly'

xx
  • I've not had any sickness yet but I'm only 5+6- didnt start with dd till 7 weeks- I was never actually sick just felt really ropey- food helped and I gained a stone in the 1st trimester!! I found seabands were my lifesaver x
  • I might try the seasickness bands if I feel like last time. Was nibbling ginger biscuits on the bus in the mornings worrying about having to ask the driver to pull over if I needed to be sick or finding a bag vomit in there and then image Sorry lol Good times... x