Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

Hip/pelvic pain and aches anyone else?

Hey lovelies,

I've had aching hips/pelvis on and off for a couple of weeks but today it's been all day and is so painful I could cry.

I'm sat with a water bottle and alternating it from one hip to another but it's not helping.

A friend who works in maternity said if I've got twins my uterus might be growing quicker so coming out of my pelvis earlier (!)

Just wondered if anyone's feeling it this early as well or have done with past pregnancies?

I've read it's common later on but I'm only 8+4

xxx

Replies

• I've had the occasional pain in my hip/groin area. Usually when I'm in bed. Can be ligaments stretching apparently.

Be careful with the water bottle near your tummy as u need to be careful not to raise your body temp too much.

Hope it goes soon - pregnancy does crazy things to us eh!
  • Hi Pbubs

sorry I am gonna sound a bit thick, but havent been on for a few days, so are you expecting twins??

I had pelvic/hip pains early on in my third pregnancy, unfortunatly my mw was poo and just told me to carry on. by 19 weeks I couldnt lift my feet off the floor and was in tremedous pain so I self admitted to the maternity department where I was diagnosed with SPD. So far I havent had any such pains in this pregnancy but I know at 10+5 there is still plenty of time to kick in image

I hope you feel a little more comfortable soon x
  • haha not a clue if I am expecting twins but my friend was just trying to come up with ideas as to why I'd have such pains now lol!

xxxx
  • Aw Pbubs.....I feel your pain. I have back pain though rather than hips. I had it with my last preg and it did get a bit better, but then worse again towards the end when I got big. Hope things improve for you. When I had pain before I was given a back support, but stoped wearing it as i couldn't feel baby moving properly as it had to be worn tight.

Try to rest as much as poss

xx
  • ahhh - I totally feel your pain. I have extreme pain in my pubic bone most of the time. I'm really hoping its not spd as my friend had that and was on crutches from 20 weeks. I'm not sure how i'd cope with an under 1. Now when I try to stand when I pick him up, I'm in so much pain. I didn't have it last time. I have my booking in appt tomorrow so am going to ask the mw then.
  • I have developed a pain at the bottom of my spine to one side, worse after sitting for a while, don't feel it during night tho only when standing or walking. Lookin forward to the sickness passing so I can get back to the gym!

Hope your pains are short lived and your mw can offer something to help meantime!
  • I have developed a pain at the bottom of my spine to one side, worse after sitting for a while, don't feel it during night tho only when standing or walking.

Me too Suej11 - I literally have a pain in the bum!! :lol:

Mine is right in the middle though - on my "tailbone". If I'm sitting for any length of time, especially in the car or on a train it is really hard to walk afterwards and it gets sore to the touch when it's really bad. Didn't get this before in my previous pregnancies image
  • I also have this but assumed it was from a previous issue I had there.

I went to a Backstreet Boys gig when I was 14 and I was screaming so loud I was squeezing my bum at the same time and I was ruined for about 3 yrs and had to have physio and a special cushion to go in the curve of my back and everything. It's the same pain as that now that if I'm sat down for any time it's a killer to get up.

Thought this would make you lol anyway!!
  • PMSL PBubs!!! The dangers of a Backstreet boys gig eh? who knew?!

To be fair I had this tailbone issue before I got pg, it started to come and go over the summer, possibly longer than that but I really noticed it after a long car journey in about September and went to the doc who said that it could have been caused by my last preg (18 months ago) although was unlikely to still be causing problems so long after. However since I've been pregnant again it's become much much worse si I'm thinking it's a combo of ligament loosening from this pg on top of whatever was causing the problem before.

Oh the joys!

I did have a weird flashback when it was particularly bad on Monday to the pain of the very last bit of pushing before baby crowns and also the feeling of delivering the placenta - maybe that's what initially did the damage. In whcih case I'm starting to already feel nervous about how much it will hurt 7 months from now.... imageops:
  • Lol PBubs, how funny, sorry your prob not laughing though!

You've got me worried now Feebs, trying not to think about labour yet, too scary. Does it hurt when you deliver the placenta? I guess I always assumed that that bit would seem like nothing after the baby's head is out! I think I've got a lot to Learn before June!
  • haha no you're all good I find it hilarious to re-tell, I didn't talk about it for years but I think it's safe after 14 yrs!!
  • You've got me worried now Feebs, trying not to think about labour yet, too scary. Does it hurt when you deliver the placenta? I guess I always assumed that that bit would seem like nothing after the baby's head is out! I think I've got a lot to Learn before June!

No it doesn't really hurt as such but (hope this isn't TMI!) when you're pushing the baby out it's like you're the most constipated you've ever been in your life so as they go down they really press on your bowel and afterwards my tailbone area was really bruised so when the placenta passed through that last bit it was a bit of an "ouch" but only for a second and only made me wince really. Nothing compared to the "ring of fire" when the head crowns...... image
  • lmao I'm not sure the 'ring of fire' should've made me laugh out loud for it's drama rather than me actually taking note of the pain on its way!!
  • laugh. while you still can. :lol: