Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

Anyone considerwd multiples?

With our 12 week scans approaching do you think we'll have any multiples in DIJ?The thought is stuck in my head that it could be twins as my boobs have swelled to a FF, they barely grew in my first pg at all.... I've not been as sick though, although I'm not sure if that is just because I'm better equipped to handle it this time. I have been soooo tired...

Eeep exciting! Cant wait for my scan next week. Really want to tell people now.

The odds for twins are 1 in 90.

Replies

• I'm terrified at the thought. My dad is a non-identical twin which is the hereditary kind so I may have the hyper-ovulation gene. I would be beyond speechless. I think fine for a first pg as you dont know any different but dd PLUS two more eeeeeeek!!

Hubby's dad is also a twin but the identical kind so no risk from there but still scares me lol x
  • I've had to consider it as my mum is a non-id twin, and there were non-idtwins on both sides of her family, and quite a lot of them!

We have them in pretty much every generation, I'm hoping my sister is the lucky one :lol:
  • I had my scan on Friday and just one in there.

The Mw also told me that it's only hereditary down the maternal line.
  • My mum always told me that too, but wasn't sure she could be believed!
  • Also, my SIL has 9 day old twins and while they are gorgeous, there is NO WAY i'd want twins. I don't think you'd ever really enjoy them like you can do when you immerse yourself completely in your LO. There just is too much to do!
  • I have always thought I would have twins. This is likely to be my last pregnancy so if there is only one then I guess I was wrong.

I have felt much sicker and been way more tired but then I do have a toddler this time. I also definitely have a bump, would post a pic but don't know how to get it from my phone to here.

Will be terrified if there are two, guess I will find out in a week.
  • I'm only having one- already seen it xx
  • As I get closer to my scan I do wonder. I've been much sicker than my sis or my mum were and am already finding my trousers are too tight despite having lost 8 lb since before I was preg! Will find out in 3 days time. Got my first midwife appt tomorrow so it's all becoming much more real!

I'd be terrified of a multiple, one is scary enough for a first timer!

• ooo how exciting , there werent any twins in my DIA 2010 group so be nice to have a multiple in here

xxx
  • On my scan at 7 wks when we saw hb nurse said couldn't be 100% sure there is only 1.... Think they say this as standard to cover there backs! We'll see at next scan on 14 dec!! Would be happy either way! image
  • well today proved there is only one bun in my oven lol. should of seen my hubbys face when the midwife said she will be checking how many there are lol. he catagorically told her theres only one lol! x
  • well today proved there is only one bun in my oven lol.

Me too! Didn't realise quite how worried I was about it until I saw just the one... So relieved! This will be our last so looks like it'll be my sister after all lol
  • I've always been excited by the thought of twins and both me and hubby have said we wanted them even before we were PG but the more I think about financial strains etc I'm less excited now.

Hubby was a twin but the other died in the womb and my nan (dad's mum) was identical so there are around but who knows!

18 sleeps!
  • As this is our 3rd, twins would be a real shock to the system as 4 children was never in the plan!!
  • There was only one at my 7 week scan but who knows!

I'm a teacher and taught twins who were very cute. There mum came on a trip one day and I asked if twins ran in her family. She said no and that the boys were a bit of a shock.....because she only found out she was having twins at 32 weeks!!! They arrived 3 weeks later!!

My cousin also has two sets of twins who were born 11 months apart!! (she got a LOT of stick about birth control!! image )