Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Extreme nausea and sickness!!! Will it ever end??!!

Hi ladies!!

Hope you are all keeping well!! Just wondered if anyone else out there has suffered from extreme nausea and sickness??! I am 12 weeks today (scan on Monday eeeek) and from the very beginning I have been sooo poorly! I've been on a drip, had numerous anti sickness injections, tried god knows how many different tablets from the doctors and nothing has helped!! It gets me so down that I feel so poorly all the time, i struggle to eat because everything turns my stomach!! I also worry that being sick so much and feeling nauseous means that there is something wrong!

This is my second child, my daughter is four and apart from a bit of sickness at the start I was absolutely fine throughout the pregnancy!

Is anyone else feeling like this?? Any anti sickness tips greatfully appreciated!!!

K xxxxx

Replies

• G/C but alas it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. My 1st I had no symptoms at all, 2nd I had nausea until wk15 when it all suddenly vanished. Sis had sickness during 1st & 3rd trimesters with my niece & throughout her whole 2nd pregnancy with my nephew. Advice is to suck on ice (cubes/lollies/pops) as it will help keep you hydrated as well as stem hunger. Best wishes.
  • Thanks kazzie image)

Looks like I'm Gunna have to grin and bare it!! Only good thing is it's stopping me from over eating!! Lol

Xxx
  • Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it, I've not been too bad really. Had nausea and vomited a couple of times. Drink a glass of Ginger beer as soon as I wake up in and morning & eat a couple of cheddars and it seems to help! Can't stand Ginger but if it helps!

I hope that now you're at 12 weeks things will start to ease a little for you, it must be very difficult with having another little un to look after. Good luck for your scan.
  • Aww bless ya abihylands! Thank you for your lovely message!! Glad you haven't suffered too much!! Crossing my fingers and toes that I start to feel more human soon and actually able to keep a meal down!! Lol! Im really lucky actually as my lil girl is an absolute star!! She's been such a good girl for me while I've been poorly!! Makes me feel guilty sometimes tho that i can't play with her as much just now! She just gives me big snuggles!!

Hope everything goes well for u and thank u again for ur reply!!

Xxx
  • I'm afraid I don't have any tips just wanted to say that I hope u feel better soon.

Some people I know have used travel sickness bands, the ones with the plastic bit that uses pressure points in your wrist and have said that helps.

Don't want to freak u out but have u thought u might be having twins?? My friend who was very very sick in first 10 weeks ended up having twins!

Also sure lots of people are sick and just have one!

Really hope it eases off soon x
  • Aw, hope it passes soon. Iv been sick most weeks but not every day, the only time I can't control it by eating is 1st thing in the morning. Have you tried nutrigrain elevenses ginger breaks to snack on? I have found bananas also good as they give a slow energy release which staves off hunger and are not acidic like other fruits. I also find coke helps me fight off the nausea during the day. One thing I learned from a midwife is to massage the plastic bit on the sea bands when you get queasy, I didn't know this and had given up on the bands but think this does work!

I'm still feeling nauseous at 14 weeks but hoping it's easing, although today been replaced with bloated tummy and heartburn, if it's not one symptom it's another eh?

Hope you feel better soon x
  • hey hun- I tried the sea bands and they worked really well for me- it sounds like you might have hyperemesis gravidarum. have you been diagnosed? Might be worth asking your doctor (((hugs))) x
  • Thank you all for your replies and your kind words!! Really cheered me up today!! Appreciate you taking the time to write back!! I have had two scans already due to the sickness and thankfully there only seems to be one baby! Lol! As much as twins are lovely, I doubt I could cope with two! Lol!! Apparently my levels of progesterone are off the scale which is making the sickness and nausea worse. Will give all of your suggestions a go (have sent the fianc???? to adsa for the sea bands already lol ) and will let u all know how I get on! Think il make another trip to the doctors after my scan on Monday ... I'm sure he's getting sick of the sight of me! Lol!!

Thanks again everyone! Hope you are all keeping well!

K

Xxxx
  • Poor you. I was very sick with my daughter and ended up in hospital on a drip, so I know how you feel

Fingers crossed that you are approaching the end of it now though

Did you go back to the doctor? x
  • I sympathise - I had hyperemesis in my first pregancy but luckily only ended up in hospital once then cyclazine tablets just about got me through. I found the worst of the sickness eased around 14 weeks then I was just sick in the morning until 24 weeks, although that felt like nothing compared to the 1st trimester!

I am now 8+2 with my second and have only avoided hospital by taking cyclazine from 6 weeks. I am so ill and this time have a 2 year old to look after. I am just getting through each day at the moment as I know this will go on for a few more weeks.

There are no tips or magic cures really as everyone is different so I just think eat what ever you can when you can and it will start to improve soon Im sure.
  • How you getting on Babyboo? Did the sea bands help?

I'm 14 + 3 and still throwing up! Think I'm having a hormone peak this week as got the bitter taste back and feel a bit weepy too at the slightest thing! I keep hoping each week it will be over! The all day nauseaseemsto have improved though which is weird, the nausea and sickness can't be connected!

Hope you are doing ok,