Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

AAARRRGGGHHHH...The dreaded 's' word!!

I am completely shocked ladies.

This is my 4th pregnancy adn I am quite a large person but to my surprise yesterday at 13+4 I found 2 YES TWO new stretchmarks image

I know that my bump has already started to show but bloody hell did I really need any more stretch marks?? I am sure I am big enough and didnt really need to stretch much more lol...

Replies

• Noooooooooooo image God they are so depressing aren't they?! I only seem to get them once I go overdue (which I did with both DDs) but then they go from nothing to a spider web overnight. They did fade after DD1 but with DD2 not only didn;t they fade, my skin has gone saggy as it obviously got over stretched and is I have this little patch of wrinkly old lady skin underneath my belly button AND a ton of stretch marks :x God knows what it will be like after this one!

And do you get them on your boobs too? They seem to happen when I'm BFing and are disgusting!!!
  • Hate to tell you this CCarter but I slathered myself in body butter throughout my first pg and still got them. I didn't bother in my second and got about the same amount! Some people don't get them at all though so you may be one of the lucky ones! I'm sure the body butter/ moisturising thing is a fallacy though as it really made no difference to me! Same goes for massaging your perineum in the last few weeks to avoid tearing. I did it (and it feels awful) but still ended up with stitches. Not going to out myself through the discomfort this time!!
  • I saw 's' word and thought you meant sex! Then laughed to myself about the very concept of sex for at least the next year! Lol xx