Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

eek baby spending spree today!

well ladies, even though now at 16+3 i am still terrified of something going wrong, me and hubby went to big mothercare on a bit of a impromptu spree! i wanted to go there for something to do and also a bit of a play with prams as our local store is tiny! but hubby convinced me is was ok to pick our pram and we did. in the end we went for the babystyle oyster in black and red, was a dream to push and fold down etc. also picked out babies bedding too image gone for mothercares own precious bear sooo cute! put it all on the babyplan so will pay it off gradually over next 5 months image soo excited and even more scared now that ive jinxed it but oh well x

Replies

• Wow I too went on a spree ordered our pram and car seat, went for mamas and papas zoom a dream to push, similar to the oyster but sil has the oyster and fancied a 3 wheeler! I too am worried I've jinxed something , pram isn't gettin delivered to store until march tho!

Don't need to buy much else, just bottles and few new bits but got everything from

Ds and all neutral.

Happy happy makes it all exciting! Xxx
  • I had the oyster for dd and other than a few glitches (easily fixed by my handy hubby) I really liked it. I bought my double before 12 week scan so understand 22nd feeling of jinxing! I don't need much this time so a little less exciting but a god sight cheaper lol x
  • We too went to mothercare yest, our first visit there! I got some nice maternity work trousers in their sale ??35 reduced to ??10, I'm never that lucky in sales! I managed to refrain from buying baby stuff though, want to wait til after the 20 week scan. We had a look at prams and car seats, where do start????
  • I'd suggest looking at which magazine online and checking reviews for everything x
  • the lady in the shop was sooo helpful went through the pros and cons or each pram in there how they folded,manuevered, and changing bits and bobs on it. so thats how we managed to chose the oyster as it ticked all the boxes for us. we also have the maxi cosi cabrio car seat and base so wanted it to fit on that! i too also got a lovely pair of jeans in there sale. i refused to look at baby stuff other than for reviews until yesterday so excited now. x
  • ahhhhh sarah i had bought everything and even done our nursery by 20 weeks with DS , did worry i had jinxed things but no worry there its lovely to start getting into it early make the most of your pregnancy

just cant seem to get my head round it this time although thing once we get xmas and the depressing skintness of Jan out of the way we will start to focus on preparing

xxxx
  • i have the oyster for my dd, this time i'm thinking of the icandy peach blossom as will need a double a lot of money but i've fallen in love with it image but will look at the britax too as half the price, then just will have mattresses and bottles to buy plus some new clothes hehe x
  • now ive started i dont want to stop!! however silly xmas getting in the way lol. i told my mum etc that money or vouchers would be better for xmas this yr so i can use it to get baby things in the sales! not that i even want to contemplate going near the mall after xmas! its all becoming real i love it! image x
  • its great !! so much fun getting all the little things together , sooooooo exciting

we are thinking of redecorating our nursery again just so its all nice and fresh for the new baby i know its stupid and a waste of money BUT i just want to have something new and bright for both of them to share .. really need to stop and be more realistic

whats on your wish list to buy in the new year ? are you finding out what your having or waiting for a surprise
  • being realistic isnt half as much fun lol. but yes even for our first were trying to save money were possible, my parents bought both my nephews cotbeds which were gorgeous so to stop them buying our baby one were gonna borrow one. well me and hubby have decided to find out the sex, im not too bothered either way but he really would love to know so we will. so i guess after the new yr i really wanna get gender specific clothes, just a few gorgeous outfits and ill be happy image x
  • thats where the trouble starts i bought so many clothes but then still had to go out in first few weeks and buy more , just going to buy loads of romper suits this time . unless its a girl then sure i will go mad
  • I've heard the peach blossom has very small seats, fine fir bubs but too cramped for toddler? x