Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What a day

DD normally starts nursery at 12, but was in the morning session today for her Christmas play. So that was fine, she was very tired though.

At 10.20 I realise I haven't heard OH up yet, the play starts at 11. Go up and wake him, he's obviously a bit peeved that I didn't wake him sooner, but has the sense not to say anything, being an adult with his own alarm and all.

So, we arrive at the play at 11, it has already started. We squeeze in and end up stood right at the door, getting more and more squashed as other latecomers arrive.

DD is quite obviously shattered, and decides to refuse to sing. She take no part in any of it. Despite this, I'm so teary I can hardly see, bloody hormones :roll:

Play lasts literally five or ten minutes, was more of a singsong than anything. Afterwards, OH is quite clearly annoyed about something. He then says he isn't sure we've made the right choice picking this as her school, a week after I submitted the form with it as first choice.

Next, we head to tesco, we have time to fit in before he goes to work and it means we don't need to do it either on his day off, or me on my own. Quite thoughtful so I was happy to go, even though I wasn't feeling the best.

Get into tesco, and I can feel a headache coming on. Nothing unusual at the moment, stupid virus. Headache gets really bad, I get migraines occasionally, and this was getting close. But obviously I keep going. We get right round, and get to the checkout. Just as we walk out of the aisle, my vision starts to go dark. I ignored it for a second, then realised I was really going to faint. Thought oh no, need to take jacket off, if I get cold it'll go away, but before I can do that I start to vomit. So throw the buggy at OH and run off to the toilets. They're at the other end of the store, I gag and retch the whole way but manage to hold it all in. Made it to the loos, have a boke, there's a poo streak in the toilet so boke even more, and eventually boke until I wee.

So I got to finish the shop with wet underwear and jeans image OH is all stressed out cos I had the money, he didn't know if I'd be back in time and DS is all upset cos mummy ran away...

Isn't pregnancy glamourous :lol:

Replies

• Options
    oh my goodness- hope you're ok bless you xxx
  • Options
    Oh god, poor you. Sounds horrendous. I have gagged so many times in the supermarket recently- it's horrible. And also, why do some people leave toilets so disgusting? I went in a toilet in the shopping centre and there was loads of poo in- quite clearly they hadn't bothered to flush it! x
  • Options
    Oh my god Kimmy, if it had been that bad I think I'd still be there chucking!

I've never been so pleased to get home, washed and changed as I was today image
  • Options
    oh hun!! what a nightmare! And my DH would be exactly the same - stressed that i'd abandoned him at the til first, worried if I was ok second! Bloody men!

hope you're feeling better now. xxx
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.... Well... The day hasn't exactly improved! (this won't be much shorter haha)

Decided on fish cakes and chips for the kids dinner, didn't feel like cooking! Lifted the chips out of the oven, and heard screaming crying from the living room. They had decided to sit on the same chair and somehow banged heads. Unhappy campers! Issue here being DD is a drama queen, DS recovers quickly but cries if she cries.

So, his cry turns into a 'feedme' cry, and he calms down with food.

About eight seconds later, our electric goes off. We're on a meter, so I assumed I had mistimed it and we'd run out. It's pitch black, and scares the kids. Cue more crying. I have to wrap both of them up to go out to the electric box. DD cried even more over the fact that her coat isnt handy and I put DS's on her. Once I open the box I see there is no power going into the meter, and I realise it's actually a power cut. A slightly selective one, as half the houses in our close are fine, and half are off. The street lights are also still on, so I was a wee bit confused lol

Come back in, can't find and candles so light three thousand tea lights everywhere. By this point, DS has done so much crying that he's just exhausted. He eats just enough to stop the hunger pangs and cried all over again because he wants his bed, over an hour early.

So I took him up and he settled fine. After about 90 mins the power comes back on, setting off our house alarm as well as every other alarm in the street. The noise wakes him, scares him, and it all starts all over again. Times two, as the power went off then on again. It seems to be staying on now thankfully.

On the bright side, he fell asleep while I cuddled him image love it!

Now, I'm tidying up after dinner then going to bed :lol: Time to end this day! Xx
  • Options
    Oh god, I hope you at least slept well xx
  • Options
    Ah thanks lol had an upset tummy and was up again at 3 bt apart from that I did ok. Still can't believe what a bad day it was! OH has his two days off now, so at least he'll be about. I stayed up long enough to whinge at him last night then went to bed :lol:

This morning is off to a better start - watching Mr Tumble and DS has picked up another word image