Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gender predictions - old wives tales

Replies

• ivillage says girl and got my son right as a boy as well. Tried a different one a week ago which said boy, but also thought my son should have been a girl. image

My little man's heartbeat always was over 140bpm and I craved orange juice and got a really sweet tooth. This time I like my savoury food and felt nauseous all day long for weeks whereas with him it would come and go. Hubby is convinced we're having a girl, but I'm genuinely not sure.

5 weeks till we find out!

• Forget all the old wivestales, use the Ancient Pregnancy Calendar which is the most accurate FREE gender predictor. Remember to use lunar age and lunar month.

• :lol:

That is the test that thinks my son should have been a girl (and this baby will be a boy)! image

Heart rate at my midwife appointment was 150+ so it's anyone's guess really! 4 weeks till we find out...

• Hi,

With ds I had no sickness at all very easy pregnancy really, this time I've had terrible ms, heartburn, burping and a private scan revealed that we are having a girl! Sonographer at the private scan room heartbeat before telling us gender and it was 140bpm so I was thinking boy, she told me the bpm is all rubbish!

She did say that girls are more active but my ds was constantly moving?!

Happy times for those finding out soon! I too couldn't wait and went at 16+4!

• Forget all the old wivestales, use the Chinese Gender Chart which is the most accurate FREE gender predictor. Remember to use lunar age and lunar month.

This says boy for me too and was right for both my girls... 3 weeks on fri til I know for sure image
  • I never knew about the craving thing, but think ds put a spanner in there.. With him I craved smoky bacon crisps. I couldnt get enough of them, only thing being I couldnt stand them!! With DD1 it was pork pie and potato salad and with dd2 it was nesquik banana milkshake

This one is samosas and macdonalds 1/4lb ers x

I think this is a boy. I had a reading to say I was having a boy in may( this was before I came off the pill), my bump is more like when I pwas pg with ds and not dd, and the chinese thingy said boy and I done another opn baby center and that also says boy. I posted a 12 weeks scan pic on the fb group to show the nub thingy but dont think you can tell from that

and this ones hb is 140

• The chinese gender test was wrong for me!! Said girl along with any other online gender predictors I did. Also at my gender scan the heartbeat was 150BPM. All my symptoms this time have been completely different than with DD and I look awful and skin is dry and blotchy!! With DD i was glowing, good skin, healthy shiny hair etc :lol:

xx
  • Just goes to show its all bollocks isn't it?!
  • Oooh Sensored again!
  • The lunar Chinese chart was wrong for both my DS and my baby! Ivillage was correct for DS but wrong for my baby. It had never been faulted in our family before, but I don't believe any of it now haha!
  • well heartbeat indicated girl. Gender prediction and ring test said boy and I have craved things like crisps, potatoes, salty and savoury things which I think they say suggests boy.

Found out yesterday that we are expecting another little boy. There is absolutely no doubt about it. The first image on the screen was a clear shot of babies legs wide open with his tackle on clear display. Kept seeing it throughout the scan too so it was a good job we did decide to find out.

I am so excited to be having another son and can see so many benefits but at the same time feel a little sad to not be having a little girl and keep thinking of all the mother and daughter things I wont be able to do, is that really wrong?

Think I need to go into training if I am going to keep up with two boys image
  • Wow another boy! We are definitely blue orientated over in June! Your baby sounds like a real exhibitionist too, bet you never get him to keep his nappy on

In understand your point about a little girl. I'm so glad we had DD first as I really wanted a daughter and this time round I feel like I don't have to worry about it. Do you think that you will just stop at the two then, or will you have the opportunity to try for a girl at some point in the future? x
  • We said that we would have three children but I am not sure that I want to do the first trimester again. I felt so crappy this time and I also dont want to be absolutely gutted if we were to have a third boy because that would be really sad and I would feel so guilty.

I am happy to have two sons and all the fun they will bring its just I cant help but crave for all the lovely things that come with a daughter.
  • I know exactly what you mean wif.... hubby even admitted to really wanting a little girl too (he reckons secretly all men do!). So I'm guessing we're having a boy just for that reason image We have always said we'll have 2 children so this will be our last chance at having a daughter and I know I will be a bit sad if/when the scan says it's another blue bump - Of course I will not love our little baby any less, but I totally agree that there are certain things that are only possible in a mother-daughter-bond. Keep saying if we have 2 boys, then 1 of them will have to be gay so I have at least someone on my side to do some girly stuff with! :lol:

Sounds daft, but it's been getting me quite upset that 3 people have now said that they can only see me with boys - What it that supposed to mean?

• Interesting to see lots of the old wives tales are true for some and wrong for others!

I'm a first timer so not bothered what sex baby is but can understand what u are saying. I am not close to my mum at all and a total daddy's girl! Me and my mum are completely opposite characters and struggle to spend time together. I'm very envious of my friends who are really close with their mums and if we have a girl I hope to be like that.

Watching OBEM tho made me mad with the woman who was disappointed with "another girl" :x
  • For me I admit I was desperate for a girl, I lost my mum to cancer at the age of 6 and had a difficult relationship with my step mum, we finally had an amazing relationship unfortunately and unknowingly for the last 6 months of her life.

I have a ds and this time I did everything I could naturally to conceive a girl as I could, I knew hubby didn't want anymore so knew it was my last try as such.

For me it may be selfish but i just want the opportunity to have a chance at a mother daughter relationship that I never had.

Don't get me wrong I love my ds to pieces and he is the most affectionate little boy I know giving me the best cuddles! Wouldn't change him for the world but I do feel super blessed to be having a girlie this time around, maybe my mum and step mum had something to do with it?

To happy and healthy babies!

• I glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. Although I'm sort of a bit opposite in that we have two girls (which is desperately wanted both times) and this time DH is desperate for a boy (understandably as he is a bit outnumbered!) but when I have had boy predictions on the gender charts and last night when my friends did the wedding ring test on me and it came out boy I felt really disappointed. I know it's wrong and quite selfish of me as I should want a boy for DH's sake but I just can't imagine having a son.

Obviously my main concern is a healthy bubs, and I know I will fall completely in love with my baby whatever colour bump intend up with but I was a bit shocked at how strong my feelings actually were when we did the wedding ring thing last night as I though I would be happy either way but I actually felt quite upset when the test said boy :?
  • Feebs you probably felt like that as it's the fear of the unknown, your familiar with girlies! Although ecstatic my experience is in a boy so i am a little nervous, even the simple things like changing a nappy! Im used to a willy!

If you are pinkie will be lovley and you'll certainly have your work cut our when they hit their teens, but if you have a boy I have to say mine is a mummy's boy and like I said gives more affection than most girls I know! Would also give a nice balance with some blue!

As you said either way does have benefits and negatives when you are past number 1 bubba!

When's your scan?

• Feebs I honestly couldn't see myself with a son until I had DS and then it was so natural and now I couldn't see myself with a girl!!

Wif I too had my scan this week and am expecting another boy. Obviously thrilled and I had not realised hubby really wanted two boys. They will be so close and so adorable together! I do share your feeling though, I did have a little cry on the day of the scan as part of me felt sad that I may never have a daughter. Hubby already has one of each and although I have a great relationship with my step daughter, she idolises her mum in an enviable way. And DS is such a daddy's boy, I guess I just craved that special bond myself that I thought I would have with a girl. It didn't help that my stepdaughter was obviously disappointed too.

Hubby wants another 2 kids after this one and says we will keep going until a little girl joins us. But I am not sure, I too can imagine the disappointment if baby no 3 was a boy (not because he would be a boy, but because I would grieve for my little girl), and I just don't know if that guilt is something I would want to experience.

Its odd having mixed feelings after your lovely scan, but any sadness I felt went almost immediately and I am just excited now. I know I am blessed to have two healthy boys.