Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anterior placenta anyone?

Hi

Am 18w with second baby, found out at gender scan I have anterior placenta again which I had with ds. First time I felt ds move at 19 weeks, I know that movements are cushioned due to placenta position but I haven't felt dd move yet? I thought 2nd pregnancies you are meant to feel thing earlier?.

Anyone else had this?

Replies

• I would assume it moved C as I had a 6 hour labour with my DS it was a fantastic birth. No one really mentioned it the first time.

I think if it stays low then I think it changes things!?

Great you and hubby have felt lo move and kick it's so special isn't it! I used to play games when I was carrying my ds, he used to stick his foot out, I'd touch it and then he would move it to hide it! Can't wait for that again!

Xx
  • Hello, I've just had my 20 week scan this week and I was told that I had a low anterior placenta and that it was covering the birth canal, I've been booked in for another scan at 34 weeks to see if its moved.

I really hope it does move as I really dont want a c section.

Keep your fingers crossed for me xxx
  • I have a low lying anterior placenta too, prob explains some of the spotting I have had, I had a cs with dd and was likely to have 1 again, they say the placenta is less likely to move if you have had a previous c section, so wait and see, its been a bit stressful with the bleeding due to previous m/c but just got to try to remain positive, I think they say that only a small number of peoples placentas remain low, fingers crossed for you all that you get a natural birth if thats what you really want Luc x
  • I have an anterior placenta too from wha they could tell at my NT scan at 13 weeks. I haven't felt much movement and I'm 18+2 so I think the placenta could be part of the issue. I can't wait for proper movement too as its just so reassuring isn't it? I have been off colur all week with some sort of virus and then had an ibs attack yesterday with painful stomach cramps and really wish bubs would give me a few decent kicks just so I know all is ok. Am thinking of seeing if I can see my mw for a listen on the Dopplerr bu DH thinks I'm overreacting. He's prob rig!

Re the chance of a c section with an anterior placenta I think it's more to do with how low lying it is that if it's front or back. Most do move as your uterus grows though sp fingers crossed xxx
  • I had an anterior placenta with DS, and I didn't really feel kicks until about 22-23 weeks. It was very annoying, but I had a Doppler to use when I needed reassurance.
  • Fingers crossed for us all girlies! Can't wait to feel bubs again! Most special time! X