Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

Names ........ ARGHHH

really struggling hubby as decided we are planning for a boy and going to pick a boys name then if its a girl we can always come up with something hes convinced the sonographers "guess" was correct

anyway we went through all the boys names we both liked with DS and jacob (cos i love the shortened Jake) was the only one we agreed on

the only one we kind of like now is charlie but for some reason i cant fall in love with it but there arent any others i like either

anyone else struggling x

Replies

• We are really struggling for boy names too.

There are some that I like when I hear them but I cant fall in love with any of them and none of them seem right (if that makes sense)

Names we have been through include

Noah

Arthur

Felix

Matthew

Elliott

But we have gone off of them all. They are all prefectly nice names but we just cant imagine actually using any of them.

Hope we have a girl because we have lots of girls names we love.
  • we are exactly the same loads that seem nice but none that feel like the one we want to call our child ..

we had loads of girls ones we liked xx
  • We're struggling with boy band girl names too...

Boy wise I do like Jake, Josh, Ben, Sam, Noah.... But none feel like "it"

Girl wisevwe like charlotte, Ella, Sophie but again not totally set on any. Am hoping when we know the sex it will focus us! And I intend to crack out the baby name book then too!
  • It's so hard! The baby will have that name forever!

I have spent my life having to spell my first and second name (thank god hubby has a normal surname!) and its SO annoying! So only thing I'm dead set on is baby will have a normal name that's spelt properly!!

I love Charlie, it's on our list which at the moment is pretty small. Girls names are much easier and we both like more girls names. If it's a boy his middle name will be John as it's a family name on both sides but I'm not having it as a first name.

Least we've got 4/5 months to think about it!
  • glad we aren't the only ones having name issues hehe image
  • Hi! I've been lingering for a while, but never got around to actually posting! But we can't decide or agree on any names as yet! We're not finding out the sex either, so will need both. But we're having trouble with initials for a girl, as we're having the middle name Lisa as it's my hubby's sister's name and we gave DS hubby's brother's name as a middle name, so it's only fair. But our surname begins with F and all the girls names we like either begin with an A or an E, which would give her the initials - ALF or ELF!!! Not sure I could do this to her, if we were to have a girl that is.

Sorry for waffling, just wanted to join in!!
  • Struggling with girls names too, kinda like Lucy and Sophie but not sure. Hubby gates my fave (Darcey) and he keeps coming up with derivatives of elizabeth which is dds middle name lol (i know its up to us but..... Lol) . Middle names are a headache too image . Boy is sorted Jack Lewis.x
  • We were undecided until we saw our dd, hubby said she was def a mia grace, we havent found out with this 1 either but like the boys name Alexander James, and Isla for a girl but cant think of a middle name, there are lots of girls names I like like Orla, ava could go on find boys names more tricky and think this is a blue 1! and with all the blue bumps on the forum must be something in the air! Luc x
  • ruthiespoon, why do the initials matter? I've seen a few people be bothered by it but when are initials ever written down let alone studied!
  • I think initials do get noticed - although normally in a positive way. My sisters initials before she married were LSD which my parents swear is to do with the old abbreviation for pounds shillings and pence and not because they grew up in the 60s lol! But ruthiespoon I think having the initials ELF is really cute!!

We're sorted for middle names as we've always used a family name. DD1 has DH's nana's name Clara and DD2 has my nana's middle name Nancy. For thiis one we're going to use DH's parents' names as they do so so much for us and the girls and we really want to make the gesture. That means John for a boy or Margaret for a girl. Will no doubt offend my parents (although John is actually my dad's middle name too sonit depends how much we decide to point out who we're naming him for!) especially my mum who was offended that we used by paternal nana's for DD2 and not my maternal grandmas but they are so useless in comparison to DHs parents that we've decided they will just have to live with it!
  • I just worry about when they are at school with dodgy initials. Kids can be so cruel and I don't want my child getting picked on for something that I have chosen, I think it's tough enough being a kid these days. I think ELF is actually pretty funny, but ALF will no doubt end up being her nickname. Mind u, I don't know why I'm worrying as I'm pretty sure I've got another boy brewing in here, so I should really just concentrate on boys names as we can't agree on any!!
  • DD's initials are HEL. We thought long and hard about it, ask other peoples opinions and decided it didn't matter x