Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm overreacting right...?

Ive been unwell off an on all week with some sort of virus. Felt fluey on Monday and overnight took the day of Tues and felt better. Have had a headache most afternoons evenings all week and then woke up yesterdy ,morning stomach ache - the type I usually get with an ibs attack. It went off in the day but yesterday evening I was getting really nasty stomach cramps, much lower down and then had a bout of diareah (sp). Also the headache was back from about 4pm. Tis morning I woke p with a mild headache, stomach fine apart from a few twinges in my left ovary area ut when I went to the loo I had some light brown cm.... Nothing on my knickers and nothing since so DH says not to worry but I stil am!

I know I'm stressing about work as they are being total arseholes about my pg and I know I need tonhave a confrontationnext week about it with my boss so am sure this is causing the headaches and the ibs attack butthe brown cm has freaked me out a little. Should o try and see the mw or am I overreacting? Just wish could feel bubs moving to know s/he's ok...

Replies

• im sure its fine but i would ask to go into the unit for a check up and check bp. headaches can be a sign of pre-eclampsia and high bp. Chances are all is well but it doesnt hurt to get checked(and you get to hear baby again).
  • I'd get yourself checked. You'll just work yourself into a frenzy, making yourself more stressed and anxious. Sounds like you've a lot going on with the hassle at work, at least get the reassurance you need x
  • sounds like you are having a rubbish week image I am sure that there is nothing to worry about but maybe for your peace of mind give the mw a call and see if you can have a little listen in, sure it is the position of the placenta, hope this week is a better 1 Luc x
  • Thanks girls. I'll give her a call tomorrow and see if I can go in... No more brown cm today at least and pain seems to have gone image
  • How you feeling today Feebs?

Hope you have phone centre or mw to get checked out. LIke ppl said it probably nothing but no harm in checking image

• Hi all. Phone mw this morning as there was a hit more brown cm when I went to bed and again this morning. It's really not much but I didn;t have it before so it is worrying me. Also had a few mild twinges last night too. Anyway mw couldn't see me so told me to ring hospital and they weren't concerned based on what I described. They said to wear a pad and just keep track of it and see my GP tomorrow if it hasn;t cleared up. They seemed to think it was more likely to be an infection than anything else... Obviously they said if I got any red blood to call them straight away and go in but I haven't had anything like that.

Headache seems to have cleared too so hopefully it was more stress related than anything (I've finally been allowed by my boss to tell the rest of my colleagues at work so am not having to hide my bump which I think was really stressing me out and causing the headaches/ibs).

So fingers crossed it's nothing. I have had a little more discharge today but literally just a spot on the pad so I will take a view tomorrow morning about getting a dr appointment or not. Prob will go and get checked out at some point this week just for my own peace of mind but if it can wait til Weds it's much easier logistically as I work from home on Weds & Thurs!
  • Could you possibly book the appt and then cancel it if you decided you dont need it?nothing worse then worrying I had some bright red blood on saturday only a small amount but none since Im just wearing a liner and keep on checking if there is anything, the hospital here are really good and sure I could get a scan if needed but already had 4 scans so far this pregnancy so I feel like a complete drama queen!

glad the cramping has subsided, some people say they get a little spotting around the time their af was due but guessing not the case with you?Im sure mine was to do with low lying placenta as they say its quite a common problem (doesnt make it less stressful though does it!)

Hope your ok Luc x
  • Thank Luc. Hope you're ok and no more spotting?

I decided to see the doc today as I did have more discharge yesterday evening. Typically there was nothing this morning or when he did an internal ( nice!) but I feel better to have had some swabs. He alsontested for a uti which was clear and after feeling my tummy said the pain I was feeling was in my bowel rather than uterus so I'm back on the fibergel!!!

I get the swab results on Thursday but I am a lot more relaxed after seeing the doc and no more discharge today. He thought it was prob due to the uterus stretching and just a bit of old blood coming out.
  • Glad you are feeling a bit more relaxed, it was good to go and see the doc! hopefully the test comes back clear. Hope the fibregel works

no more spotting since the weekend, I told myself I wouldnt be on knicker watch this pregnancy but think Im worse this time! Luc x
  • I think knickers watching is inevitable! Even if you've already had a baby or two each one is different and just as nerve wracking!!!
  • Ur right there Feebs. I am forever knicker watching and although it sounds disgusting but I even check the tissue sometimes when I have a wee, just to make sure... I think its natural that we all worry to some extent.

I am glad you are both feeling better, how long til ur results come back? x
  • Me too miss pud!!! We tend to have peach loo roll at home and I hate that I can't see as clearly on that!

Test results back today but I didn't have a sec to call docs. Will call tomorrow.

Just had a bit more, slightly heavier brown cm this eve. Still light brown coloured so I'm trying not to stress as hospital didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about. It's weird as I seem to get a day where everything is clear than a day of the brown stuff again.... Just want it to bugger off!
  • well hope when you get the results back everything is ok and that the brown cm dissappears for good! x
  • Feebs I always use white loo paper, always have done when pg, but have done constantly for a couple years now as someone told me that their child kept getting thrush and it was due to the fact that she was sensitive to the dye found in it, so since that day I never used coloured paper x
  • Hey Feebs76, how are you doing? x
  • Hi image

It all seems to be much better thanks. Less brown cm on weds and none today so I am hoping it has gone for good.

Thanks for asking though xxx
  • Thats great news image its a time when you could do without the worrying Luc x