Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hormones!!

Hi All,

Bit of a pointless post really but wanted to get a few things off my chest!

Lately I've been really sensitive and crying all the time. Sometims for no reason at all.

This morning my DD (11 months) woke up at 5am and I woke up with a really bad back ache. I went into my dd's room and tried to rock her back to sleep which worked and when I put her back down she stated crying. It's 6 am by now and I didn't think I could carry her down the stairs with my bad back and I didn't want to wake my DH up. Anyway I just cried by her cot! Pathetic I know but I was so tired and in so much pain. She was crying too, which woke my hubby up. Without saying anything he came into her room, took her off me and took her down stairs and told me to go back to bed. He didn't even ask me what was wrong or give me a hug. Anyway I didn't go back to bed I followed him downstairs (slowly) and explained that I just couldn't carry her down and there was no point in me going back to bed as I knew i wouldn't be able to sleep/get comfortable with such a bad back. Anyway DH gave DD her breakfast and then went back to bed for an hour before he had to get up for work.

Do you think I over reacted with all the crying?

I've also been getting head aches the last few days so have had the midwife out today to check my BP which is fine and she listened to Bubs HB which was lovely too. Turns out my iron is low though so she thinks that could be causing it.

Work have really been messing me around the last few days too as i'm due back off my Mat leave next month and they've messed up all my holiday days so that's been on my mind too.

I should add that i'm not mad at my DH. He works all the hours god sends so that I can be a SAHM so he needs his sleep during the week. Just wish he was a bit more sympathetic when I get upset!

Anyone else feeling the same?

Sorry for the long post

x x x

Replies

• Bless you . I ve been feeling exactly the same I'm 21 weeks today , at the weekend I just completely blew up at my other half for no reason and then couldn't stop crying about it for about 2 hours .

He just completely ignored me Shouting at him and then just kept asking if I was ok after that . I think we can definately put it down to hormones ladies image

Hopefully it will calm down a bit , hope your feeling a bit better after getting it off your chest image x
  • (((((hugs))))) I get days where I'm weapy too, bless your hubby! Hope you're back pain eases soon x
  • I feel like a new woman today!! lol.

No tears for at least 24 hours, but I haven't watched last night's One Born Every Minute yet. Ha Ha.

I've heard it def gonna make me weap!

x x x
  • g/c but I can relate to this, I cried last night on my hubby, i had a headache and just felt really sorry for myself. He asked me if I wanted a drink and off I went. I cried uncontrollably on his chest. When he finally got up his shirt had a huge wet pactch from my tears!

Hormones!!! arent they just swell!

I hope your back gets better soon.

xxx