Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Restless leg syndrome

Is anyone else suffering from this??? It's driving me crazy on an evening... Is there anything I can do to ease it off a bit??

Replies

• Options
    Yeah I've had it a bit in the evenings too, was initially putting it down to being overtired but that was only one night that I was so I know it's not that! Not sure about anything to help, have you googled?

I find it annoying to get complaints that aren't due until the end this early!
  • Options
    Hi I also suffer with this some nights really bad and can't sleep, I've found that walking thru the day helps but nothing that's settles then completely. I had this in my first pregnancy and it just got worse the further on I got I couldn't even sit on a 30 min car journey . It's awful I totally empathise with you! Xxx :?
  • Options
    I've had it all 3 times but it's definitely started earlier and earlier with each one! I've had it almost since the beginning this time. It is better if I've been more active in the day but I still usually get it a bit. Arrrgghhhh!
  • Options
    I've been getting this too! Suffered terribly with t with DD, remember reading then that bananas should help. I don't like banana so can't vouch for it but worth a try, something to do with the potassium IIRC
  • Options
    I suffer from this normally but it was sooooooooooo bad when i was pregnant that it kept me up most nights.

The only thing I found helped was getting in a really hot shower and using the shower head to run water all over my joints - i suffered with it in my legs, arms, wrists, elbows and knees. Its completely horrible and I sympathise with you. There are loads of theories about what causes it and remedies but i haven't found anything else that worked.

Good luck - and remember it won't last forever.
  • Options
    oooh Datafairy that does sound bad!

forgot about the bananas/pottassium levels Sscn - I remeber having lots of banana milkshakes last time round so might give that a go, although I don't seem to remember it making a huge difference but anything is worth a try!
  • Options
    mmmmmmmmm banana milkshake
  • Options
    going to have one right now i think!!!