Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June Baby Names

I cant find a thread on this, but thought we could have 1 on what we are thinking of calling our June babies:

My faves for boys:

Alexander James

Sebastien

Benjamin

My Faves for girls:

Isla Mae / Isla Rose

Orla Rae

Ava Mary

the top two in each category are top names (DD is called Mia Grace so thinking of something that would go well with that)

Luc x

Replies

• Love name threads

Well we liked

For a girl

Anna

Anna-Lilli

Lilli-Anna

Freya

Middle name would have been either Cheryl or Diana as that is what hubbys mum was called and she passed away when he was 13. So for girls names we would have been fine but we have a blue bump.

For boys we have struggled

We sort of like

William

Jacob (although dont like the Twilight link and how populart it has got)

Oscar

We are not loving any of therm though

When it comes to middle names for a boy we both like the middle name to have a meaning. DS has Jack after hubbys grandad who we were close to. We are not really close to the other grandparents so not sure what to do. We did think perhaps a name that means love, familly or remembering but not found or looked for them yet.
  • We have theo nathaniel for a boy, and anya something for a girl. I like the middle names faith and rosalie, OH likes imogen x
  • Love name threads

Well we liked

For a girl

Anna

Anna-Lilli

Lilli-Anna

Freya

Middle name would have been either Cheryl or Diana as that is what hubbys mum was called and she passed away when he was 13. So for girls names we would have been fine but we have a blue bump.

For boys we have struggled

We sort of like

William

Jacob (although dont like the Twilight link and how populart it has got)

Oscar

We are not loving any of therm though

When it comes to middle names for a boy we both like the middle name to have a meaning. DS has Jack after hubbys grandad who we were close to. We are not really close to the other grandparents so not sure what to do. We did think perhaps a name that means love, familly or remembering but not found or looked for them yet.

i called my little boy jacob not even thinking have been asked once if thats the reason but most people dont even connect it , we casll him jake most of the time now anyway

well we have a couple of names we both like

Joseph

Billy

I also like Samuel but hubby doesnt

im hoping we end up with joseph as i like Joe as a shortened version and def wanted a name we could shorten and like as no matter what you call them their name always gets shortened
  • loving the names! find boys names more difficult for some reason.. x
  • For a boy we like Blake Carter or Carter Blake

for a girl I like Paige but my hubby isn't too keen. We already have a DD and we liked Madison (Maddie for short)for her too and still like this but gone off it a bit.I like Faith for a middle name but my DD's middle name is Hope....i think that's a bit twee so prob wouldn't use it.

Finding out the sex on Friday so if it's another girl(which i think it is) we'll start to think again.

x x x
  • Our little boy will be Flynn. Not sure of a middle name but I quite like Carter BsMummy!
  • Im finding boys names difficult! i really like Jacob but again dread anybody questioning if we need him after the twilight character. We also like Oliver, Nathaniel, Joseph/Joel and Zachary. x
  • Our pink bump is Sienna Mimi or Sienna Melody...

Leaning towards Sienna Melody...

• We already have an Alexander and now am cross we used Theodore as middle name for DS!.

We named DD1 Jessica Clara with the Clara being after DH's Nana and also because we love the back to the future films lol! But now liking that as a first name and slightly gutted it's already taken by Jess!

I like Georgia but am thinking it may get confusing to have 2 G names in the family as DD2 is Grace. I share my initials with my mum and that was confusing enough with post etc as I got older so if we had 2 Miss G xxxx is will be confusing, especially as Grace's middle name is Nancy and we've decided DD3's will be Margaret after DH's mum. So Miss GN and Mis GM is v similar!!

Other names I like are Charlotte, Sophia, Millie, Mia, Isobelle/Isobella (although again, damn that twilight association!) and Ella.

Boy wise we were probably goingto go for Noah but also like Sam, Ben, Joshua, Jake, Oliver...
  • i think we've decided on a girls name its either lola autumn or Amelia Lola, dd is isabella sophia,

not sure on boys names hopefully we will find out tomorrow which will make it easier, boys names we like are

Finlay, Dylan, Riley,Lewis
  • I think we have settled on Charlie for our little boy. It was never a name on my list of names until I found out I was pregnant and now I just can't get it out of my head. I loved Flynn but my nephew is called fin and it's just too close. We are having my maiden name as a middle name (there are no girls to carry on the name), which my nephew has too! X
  • What does everyone think to the name Cash for a little boy?

It is a name we have both loved for years - I grew up listening to the likes of Johnny Cash.

For some reason I have gone off it slightly - think i'm worried about what other people would think of it.

xx
  • It's very unusual! Not my personla cup of tea but i am quite mainstream in my name tastes so not the best person to cast an opinion image
  • I quite like Cash. It is different but not too extremely different if that makes sense.

I know what you mean about worrying what others will think.

We like the name Dexter Orion and I know that I love it but do worry what others think. We chose Orion as a middle name as it is a star constellation and we have alot of people that are sadly no longer with us so this is kind of a nod to remembering them.
  • I think Dexter Orion is lovely and has a really nice meaning behind it.

I also really like Jesse and Jackson. I suppose those along with Cash are quite American names - they always seems to remind me of cowboys. Maybe that's just me going back to when I was forced to listen to country music growing up!
  • I had a list of about 25-30 of boys and girls before we found out we were having a girl. Then I asked hubby which ones on my girl list he liked and he only said 2 of them - and even then I'm not sure they were in my top ten!

So the two he likes off my list are Airlie (after Airlie Beach in Australia - a very special place for us) and Lia (pronounced Leah.

So I said he needed to make a list so we had more to work with!

Here's my list...

Ava, Nicole, Robyn, Lia, Lyra, Hollie, Halle, Airlie, Alia

Hubby's list...

Airlie, Elin, Eadie, Iyla, Kali, Kaya, Kya, Lia, Ryleigh.

Too many K's on his list and I don't really like K names.

I had Isla on my original list and now hubby's got it on his but spelt Iyla.

I do like Elin as well - not sure of which pronounciation I prefer 'e' lin or 'el' in.

So now I said let's just leave it for a bit and see if we get used to any or if anything else magics itself out of anywhere!

Ava and Nicole were my absolute faves (I'll still fight for Nicole as a middle name!) so I'm finding it hard to love anything else yet!