Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone got their nursery decorated yet?

I'm dying to crack on and get ours sorted but I know DH will think it's too soon! Am thinking easter weekend might be a good time to sort it as we can prob get the in laws to take the girls out for the day so we can crack on. Or ideally me and MIL can take the girls out while DH and his dad decorate hahah! Not holding my breath for that one!

First job is to move the furniture currently in our study to the spare room as the study is becoming the nursery! Sadly that involved moving 4 bookcases worth of books, CDs and DVDs.... Tedious! I'm trying to talk DH into selling off some of his CDs first as I don't think we'll fit all 4 bookshelves into the spare rooms there's already a bed etc in there but he hates doing jobs like that soni may just crack on whe have a spare minute!

Replies

• Options
    Have you decided how you are going to do the nursery? the emptying is the hardest! Ive started emptying but still a little way to go! far too many clothes!

can we see some pics of yours c? that is organised!

we only moved into our house in July and every room was painted by september so the babys room is neutral but will add some vinyl artwork to the wall, also need some new furniture and would like to get a nice chunky white chest of drawers! will be using dds cot for the new baby as hopefully she will be in a big girl bed as seems silly to buy another cot

Luc x
  • Options
    Mine is all done, just waiting for mamas and papas to replace some faulty parts so the last bit of furniture can be completed.

It looks so pretty!
  • Options
    G/C from due in July, we have done our nursery already image

I'm really happy with it, we cleared the room first then we just kept going until it was all done! Ha ha!

Have lots of fun when you do!

Xxx
  • Options
    can we see some pics please? x
  • Options
    Had nursery plastered a few weeks ago, new skirting board/architrave fitted, ceiling painted! Painting walls tomorrow then the glossing to do! Can then order new carpet & get furniture! Hope to have it all sorted by end of month! X
  • Options
    I will post some pics...
  • Options
    we only have 2 bedrooms so wont be doing the nursery , baby will be in with us and then will share DS room , its still all done out from him being born as he is only 19 months , have just bought him a toddler bed and gettin some new furniture for them both to share but thats about it

feel really unorganised as had done nursery by 20 weeks with DS but cant really get cot etc up in our room yet as it will just get in the way

v jealous of all those ladies painting nurseries loved doing ours last time
  • Options
    I was told I may need a cervical stitch and was a preterm risk so me and oh got practically everything done by 25 weeks just in case i was put on bedrest, I'm now 28 weeks and apart from a anterior low placenta... Absolutely fine and healthy! Pretty much just need to order pram and got everything else x

• Options
    i really want to get started but i know the first job is emptying those shelves and everytime i look at them i just cant face it yet!!!
  • Options
    We have been battling through the nursery for the last month or so bit by bit. Theres a built in cupboard and it was full of rubbish! most of which hubby wouldnt let me get rid of! walls ceiling and glossing is done, now just need new doors, put up border and shelves. add nursery equipment and it'll be finished! cot is dismantled at the moment as it seems surreal that we will be putting a baby in there!! x
  • Options
    We have been battling through the nursery for the last month or so bit by bit. Theres a built in cupboard and it was full of rubbish! most of which hubby wouldnt let me get rid of! x

I just know my DH is going to be the same about getting rid of some of his CDs and DVDs, even though we never listen to/watch them! Men!!!
  • Options
    i remember when preg with dd i just started getting rid of stuff when he was at work oops, well he's never noticed so obviously doesn't miss it. i've decided on paint, just need to get started also have ordered some wall art stickers and made some name bits for the wall x
  • Options
    I'm not good at throwing anything away - I tend to just end up storing it elsewhere lol I'd go mad if hubby chucked any of it though! image

Baby will be sharing with our son so we don't really get to decorate a nursery, especially since we live in a rented flat we cannot paint or even change the blind in that room... Waiting for the cotbed that we like to be on offer so it's not so expensive to buy and once we know baby's gender we'll buy some bedding etc. Wish we could do up the whole room as it seems so exciting to get it all ready for them!

• Options
    i remember when preg with dd i just started getting rid of stuff when he was at work oops, well he's never noticed so obviously doesn't miss it. x

Love it! I may have to try that!

Bit of a result for me tonight as I said to DH we should arrange for his parents to have the girls at some point over Easter weekend so we can make a start on decorating and he said 'well why don't me and my dad do the room while you take the girls out' RESULT! Fingers crossed FIL goes for it! Especially as he's far better at decorating than DH or I so it will be done much better if FIL steps in!
  • Options
    I'm not good at throwing anything away - I tend to just end up storing it elsewhere lol I'd go mad if hubby chucked any of it though!

Baby will be sharing with our son so we don't really get to decorate a nursery, especially since we live in a rented flat we cannot paint or even change the blind in that room... Waiting for the cotbed that we like to be on offer so it's not so expensive to buy and once we know baby's gender we'll buy some bedding etc. Wish we could do up the whole room as it seems so exciting to get it all ready for them!

x

have you checked on Ebay? we have just bought the M&P ocean cotbed which is ??665 on ebay for ??200
  • Options
    i remember when preg with dd i just started getting rid of stuff when he was at work oops, well he's never noticed so obviously doesn't miss it. i've decided on paint, just need to get started also have ordered some wall art stickers and made some name bits for the wall x

Excellent!! I have to do this sometimes too

I am really nesting at the moment, cleaning and sorting. I have yet to do our room, but I have been on a OH for ages to go through his drawers and wardrobe. In a few weeks time if he still hasn't done it I will do it!!! And it will all go in one of those charity bags that come through the door! x
  • Options
    Is it really bad that i want to change the theme already?! found a cute jungle theme instead of mothercares precious bear as its definetly a boy. hmm decision decisions hubby says its up to me! x
  • Options
    Go for it if you like the jungle theme. Will be nice and bright for a little boy x
  • Options
    Well hubby likes the jungle theme bedding and its actually cheaper so its win win lol. gonna pick it up on my day off image thank goodness we saw it before we put up the border for the other one! its all sooooo exciting! x
  • Options
    I've just ordered our wallpaper border from homebase and going to pick up on my lunch break image FIL has offered to paint the room by himself if we can clear it out and prep it so am now really on a mission!!!