Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Constipation. Sorry far tmi

Is anyone else really suffering with this?

I have just started and cor blimey ouch ouch ouch. Any idea what I can take to help or should i just go to the doc?

Also (and this is the tmi part) does anyone find that when they are pushing to go their cervix feels really uncomfortable and kind of like you are pushing on that as well? I am not sure if it is because this is my second but when i go for a poo it really feels like my cervix is low down and uncomforable.

Replies

• Wif - yes and yes!!!

I am really trying to make an effort to drink loads of water to help with the constipation but I keep forgetting so I end up with a few days of normal 'activity' and then it all bungs up again and i'm cursing myself for not drinking more.

Ive had this practically from day 1 so got some fibergel prescribed at my last mw appointment and that helps - when i remember to take it! I am so bloody rubbish. Your mw can sort a prescription out for you or the doc, whichever is easiest to get hold of. Alternatively they may prescribe movicol which I actually think is slightly more effective.

In terms of natural remedies, try prune juice (from health food shop) and dried fruit such as prunes, figs and apricots, flushed down with loads of water otherwise they just sit in your gut and make you windy!! Also liqourice is supposed to be good.

I am also getting the feeling of pushing on my cervix when I'm really trying to go and it is a very worrying sensation but I think as long as there's no blood/discharge as a direct result it's probably just the poo pushing on the inside. I'm trying not to worry anyway. Especially as it doesn;t happen when I've been drinking my water and am a bit less bunged up!

The joys of pregnancy eh?!
  • I suffered from this pretty much from day 1 too image not nice at all! ive been meaning to bring it up with midwife but i always forget lol. fibrogel doesnt work with me it actually makes me worse! but then i have ibs too and other digestive problems x