Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone feeling huge?!

Hello lovely ladies! Just wondering if any of you are starting to feel massive yet? I'm slightly concerned about how I'm going to squeeze in 13 more weeks of growth?! It really hit me this morning when I struggled to get my socks and then my shoes on! I'm on my second pregnancy, so I know I'm meant to get bigger quicker, but this seems ridiculous, as I'm sure I was only this big towards the end with DS....

Share your "growing" woes!!

RS

26+3

Replies

• Definitely! I'm really starting to struggle with shoes and socks and have to remember to sit down to put them on!! I also have noticed a 'squashed' feeling over the last few days and am getting quite breathless and full feeling especially on an evening/night. Heartburn has started to kick in this week too, particulalrly overnight which is rubbish image
  • Ooooh yes! I really can't see how I can get much bigger from front to back, baby seems to be growing out the way rather than up! I'm as big as a friend who is due today! Thankfully it's mostly bump as I don't look pregnant from the back. Hopefully the next 11 weeks will pass quickly!
  • Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one, although I don't wish anyone else to feel uncomfortable! Really suffering with the breathlessness too, Feebs! It's scary that we've still got room in there for our bubs to grow, I think I'm going to explode!

I'm mostly bump too, Suej, but think that's mainly due to giving up chocolate for Lent! Haha! Xx
  • Absolutely. I'm really struggling with shoes and feel very squashed and breathless when bending over. And Alfie isn't walking yet so carrying a near 2 stone child and going up the stairs is so hard!! I feel quite unfit but seem to have become obsessed with going for walks so am hoping I'm helping things by staying active xx
  • When I look at myself I feel big, but then when I take a photo I look really small! I do feel a bit breathless though, and not enjoying bending over x
  • Hi ladies,

I had a check up this morning and the midwife measures my bump and says that I'm 31cm at 29 weeks so I won't be having a 6lb nor does it mean she will come early .

So I didn't feel huge until today and now I feel massive !!!

Xx
  • Urgh i feel like a waddling elephant! even tho baby has turned head down and engaged i still feel short of breath and have a tight feeling under my ribs! also means he likes to put lots of pressure on my bladder so hello sleepless nights lol i love being pregnant lol. x
  • Has everyone started being measured by your midwife? I've not had any measurements taken or plotted in my notes?.. All she said was that the top of my uterus is where it should be but hasn't measured! I'm seein the obs next month so I'll ask her if size on track since midwife isn't bothering!
  • I was never measured with DS and doubt I'll be measured again unless they think I am as enormous as I feel!! Don't worry, I think some midwives measure and others just look and feel, I'm sure she'd measure u if u asked x
  • image this morning i had to sit on the floor to put my socks on lol. i was in giggles just looking at the state of myself in the mirror, what I am going to be like in a few months. I'm only 5ft and normally a size 10 so poor Pip has nowhere to go but out front, when you look at me from behind you can't really tell, then I turn round and it's like a side profile of Mr Greedy :lol:
  • im feeling massive although measurements plot me just above average , slightly worried tho as DS always plotted below ave and was 8lb 13 oz when he was born ( a day early )

im finding sleeping , walking etc much more uncomfortable this time and have mild spd , have been offered physio but was hoping it didnt get any worse not sure how the next 9 weeks will go lol

trying not to moan too much tho .. cant put hubby off having any more kids hehe xx
  • when you look at me from behind you can't really tell, then I turn round and it's like a side profile of Mr Greedy

Lol bumpety bump!!!!

I haven't been measured yet but I know with both DDs it was only a rough guide. Some mw's seem to set too much store by it in my opinion and worry you that bubs is too small/too big when it's just how you're carrying. I do have my 28 week appointment tomorrow though so am expecting to be measured by my mw at that...