Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Only 10 weeks till due date and nothing is ready.

Am I the only one that is not at all ready for babies arrival?

Thisbaby will be having my DS nursery and DS is moving into the bigger room. I am so desperate to get him in so that we can get the nursery ready, wash clothes and put them away etc but we are no where near that point.

DS room still needs a new carpet, 2 undercoats on the door and skirting before we gloss them, one wall to wallpaper, curtain rail and curtains, ceiling to be painted and all furniture to go in. Where has time gone?I have no idea when we will fit it all in. Poor hubby is working flat out and I am half dead at the end of the day so not managed to get in there either. All that before we even look at cleaning the carpets in nursery and sorting that out.

I just feel so guilty because first time around everything was ready and looking beautiful by now. This time there seems to be stuff everywhere and nothing anywhere near ready.

eeeeeeeek, please dont come early little one.

Replies

• I'm probably worse than you but only because there's nothing I can do about it!

I am THE most organised person on the planet but our house is on the market so although I know what I want the nursery to look like and what furniture we want I don't want it in this house. We're only in a 2 bed house and with the baby being in a moses with us for a bit I still need the spare room for my parents to stay really.

The only alternative is if they bring their caravan up when the baby's born and just sleep in that on the drive then be in with us the rest of the time. Then I could at least change the curtains and get the nursery furniture. I just didn't want to get the nursery furniture all built to then get it bashed when we move!

I truly am one of those people who would want everything perfect but it's weird I kind of like not being able to think about it as there's nothing I can do!
  • I am soooooo glad I am not the only one!!!

I will be 31 weeks on Wednesday and havent really got anything ready!!

We are just collecting stuff in the conservatory but its just going so quickly and we dont seem to have any spare time to clear out the spare room which will be the nursery.

Went to kiddicare today and bought a mattress for the moses basket so at least the baby has somewhere to sleep if he comes early!!!!!! *prays that he doesnt come early*.

I am being a bridesmaid for my sister next weekend so that has been taking up most of my time plus i am doing a uni course and working full time so am knackered!!

AGGGHHHHHHH
  • Fear not ladies, we are well behind too! Think it's made worse as this is our second so we think we've nothing to get, despite the list that we've made! The only reason we have the cotbed is because it was on offer, but the room it's to go in is undecorated, haven't even thought about the theme I'd like! Thank goodness the baby will be in our room to begin with as I think we won't be ready by due date which is very depressing! I'd just get on with it and do it while DH is working, but I've got SPD and getting worse by the day, and with a 17 month to look after, I really need to avoid ending upon crutches. I wonder if any little fairies will read these posts and come and magic our nurseries for us....image
  • Oh god me too! We've even got an offer from FIL to paint the nursery but first we need to empty it which means moving/cataloging/ selling literally hundreds of CDs,Books and DVDs which is bloody time consuming and then moving the empty shelves, 2 desks,2 computers and a filing cabinet into our guest room which will now double up as a study. We made a start this weekend and now have 2 empty book cases (out of 4) but the bed and floor in the guest room are now covered in DVDs etc and DD2s new mattress has arrived but we can't yet afford to order her bed so that's shoved in there too so there's no room to move the bookshelves/desks etc! Feel like we've gridlocked ourselves in our own house!

It's so hard to do any of this with our DDs around and the oly time im home and they're not is when I'm working from home so doing much that takes me away from my computer is tricky (we have a messenger system that shows if you're away from your desk!) plus I can't ove any of the shelves/furniture and most of the DVDs etc are DHs and he needs to decide what to sell and what to keep. Arghhhhh!!!

The one thing I do want to do is buy e paint and new curtain pole for the room so it's all there once we've cleared everything but even finding time to go to home base and pick a colour is proving tricky!

There just isn't enough time!!,
  • We have one baby grow.......that's it!!! And baby is due 9 weeks on Wednesday!

We're in a rented flat and sadly not allowed to decorate (this really upsets me but can't be helped) and in order to fit in a cot we'd need to put some of the furniture already here into storage! It's a bit if a pain. We're here till august so baby will be in with us till at least then and then we'll decide whether to move or not.

Always imagined I'd have a gorgeous nursery ready by now with matching furniture etc and it makes me really sad that baby won't have that image
  • Phew. It isa comfortto know that I amnot alone. Hubby keeps tellingmethat baby will not have anyidea whether their nursery is ready or not and will be happy so long as it is fed, warm, clean and has somewhere to sleep. I know he is right but still feel awful about it.
  • We have 12 weeks, and luckily we don't need too much as we have all of DD's stuff. I do need to get more clothes and blankets and I want a sling. I washed all the clothes we do have so far as it has been so nice it would have been a waste not to get them on the line!

He will be in with us for a while before joining DD in her room (we will see how well he sleeps before deciding when to move him)so no need to redecorate yet. Her room is pink though so we will have to change it at some point

Ooh, I do need a new change bag too x
  • Soooooooo glad I'm not the only one, feeling much better now image 11 weeks to go, with our first and have nothing, we haven't even ordered the travel system yet, or the nursery furniture, or car seat. Don't have a moses basket/crib, bouncer or baby bath. Have just been up to my eyes trying to sort work stuff. We did get a fair bit of stuff in recent Asda baby event so have nappies, lotions, bottles, steriliser, breast pump, baby monitor thingy and probably enough vests/babygrows. But really need to get a move on with the sleeping arrangements. I have accepted that the nursery won't be done, and don't mind cos Pip is going to be in with me for first 6 months, and we have a yellow bump, so that gives us plenty of time to work out what we like for themes n stuff and then by that stage he/she will hopefully be able to take it all in a bit more. eek, it's all getting quite exciting image
  • For me getting the nursery done is less about bubs needing it immediately and more about me wanting to get all the jobs done now as I know it's the last thing we'll want to do after she arrives as we hate hate hate DIY so much at the best of times. She'd be sleeping in a junk room til she's 2 if the nursery isn't ready before she arrives!
  • nope, I not got much either, a few white bits and a pram and cot on order and bottles and that is it, so much more to get especially as everyone reckons this one will come early,

think we need a big kick up the bum hehe x
  • I am finding the physical limitations of being pg really frustrating! I just want to crack on with stuff instead of nagging DH into action but I know I can't. So annoying! We've now half emptied the nursery and the heavy things have been moved so I can at least now move all the DVDs and CDs to the shelves in the spare room. Just the filing cabinet to then move and DH has to decide what he's doing with his mac/desk which doesn't fit in the spare room and he made a grand statement about potentially selling but has typically done nothing about actually doing it!!

We also desperately need to clear out our garage which is my main source of frustration as it is literally full of stuff that either needs to go to the charity shop or tip or is 10 year old bank statements that need to be shredded or burned! Usually I'd just crack n by myself but it's basically all heavy lifting so I can't and equally it's a nightmare to find time to do it when the girls aren't around as it's a full day job and it's so rare that anyone takes em out for the day other than when we're at work. Has to be done thoughh as the crib and car seat and loads of other baby stuff are literally buried under the junk!