Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who's willing to share? Weight gain!

Any of you lovely bunch prepared to share how much weight you've gained so far?! I've just scared myself on the scales and have put on about a stone which is a bit of a shock as that's all I put on with DS throughout the whole pregnancy, and required zero effort to shift after I'd had him. Guess I won't be so lucky this time, bother! image

Replies

• i put over 4 stone on last time but so far at nearly 32 weeks have put on 9 pound am soooo pleased xx
  • 3 stone plus.. But my BMI is 26 so not too bad.
  • I was weighed today and I've put on 8lb so far at 30+6 so I was quite happy with that .

• First time round i put on a whopping 4 st!! this time i've gained just under 3st - i've got weight watchers on stand by for when babe gets here haha!!

xx
  • About 1 1/2 stone. I put on about 2 1/2 stone last time and I really wanted to put on less this time to fit into my wedding dress 2 months later, but it doesn't look like it will happen! x
  • I've put on about a stone (6kgs) at last weigh in!

2-3 stone is meant to be healthy as 2st is baby/placenta/blood etc and the rest is your body storing fat for breast feeding.
  • Thanks Phat_Sue, I feel marginally better for that! We moved house 2 weeks before I gave birth to DS last time and it was a really stressful move so I think that had something to do with my small weight gain, I guess I'm probably healthier this time around, even though I feel anything but healthy!!

Baby_PrincessIOM- is the IOM for Isle Of Man? I used to live there, if so! X
  • Yes thanks phat_sue - good info.

I stopped weighing myself a while ago. I got married last June and put on weight quite quickly in the following 2-3 months just because I was relaxing and then fell pregnant straight away so I was annoyed I'd gained the weight. Then although I didn't have morning sickness I had nausea and all that stopped that was eating so I'm just going with it.

I'm really into fitness and not being able to even power walk with my spd is killing me so I've just resigned myself to sorting myself out after the baby comes as it's unlikely I'll be going back to work so can concentrate on it a bit.

xxx
  • G/C from due in July, I was brave an weighed myself this morning, ive put on 13 lbs so far... eak!

im 24 weeks so im hoping to gain about the same again by the end of it which will be about right I believe... Eater wont help this weekend though! image

xxx
  • PBubs- you have my sympathy, I've got SPD too and am convinced it's not helping the weight gain. It's such a horrible and painful thing to have, I am so bored (and I'm sure my DS is too, poor sausage) and am fed up!! X
  • I know and I'm so knackered from using crutches and being anaemic I am on the edge of tears even thinking about the fact it's gotta be another 10wks. At least midwife said this week we can induce me so I don't go past the due date and have to prolong the pain any more.
  • Yikes! You are in a bad way. I've so far evaded the crutches, although I think I may be offered them at my next physio appt. You poor thing, good news that you won't go over your due date though, that must be a huge relief x
  • Ive gained a stone so far...not bad considering i put on 3 stone with DD and im measuring a bit big for 28 weeks image

xx
  • hi ruthie,

yeah the IOM is for the Isle Of Man - born and bred image.

How long have you been away from the Island?

x

baby_princessIOM
  • G/C from due in July. I'm from IOM too, although living in England at the moment. Mum is still over ther and we're heading back for TT week, I'll be about 35 weeks then so will have to bring over my maternity notes just in case! image
  • Finally braved the scales earlier and I've put on 2 stone and 1lb which is quite a lot compared to some of you ladies! Still I put on about 3 and a half stone with my two previous pregnancies so I guess I'm about on track to do the same again which is fine as I lost it last time so am surei can do it again!!
  • I've gained 1stone, 9lb since pre-pregnancy, although I lost half a stone in first trimester from the nausea so I guess the total gain is quite high compared to some of you! I'll hopefully not gain as much in the last weeks though as struggling to find room for food now! I don't look as though ive gained much anywhere other than bump though, perhaps my face is a wee bit rounder! I'm hoping to breastfeed so hopefully that will get me back down quickly although I worry that once the horrid pregnancy hormones fall that I'll suddenly get an appetite back and want to pig out, especially if at home everyday!
  • I've gained 26lb at nearly 30 weeks. Gained 4 stone with dd so it's an improvement and was ideal weight pre pg x