Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

babies movements

well we are on the home stretch now arent we and i have managed to stay so calm up to now although last few days baby has definitely slowed down , trying to remember if thats what it was like with DS am 33 weeks on friday so think this is when the space reduces , just seem to feel him wriggle here and there

is anyone else finding the same ?

Replies

• I think we are both due on same day! I'm 33 weeks tomorrow too. I defo feel big now, am struggling to put socks n shoes on etc! Baby seems to have lazy days and then times with lots of wriggling, eg after dinner. It feels to me like it's lying across the way and I often get a hard bulge under my right ribs, can't work out if it's a head or a bum, I feel hiccups low down which makes me wonder if it is head down but no kicks high up! Maybe the Obs will know when I see her on thurs. Its worrying thinking about your precious wee person being all squished in there over the next few weeks isn't it?
  • Sue I have a big bump under my ribs too and mw assured me its his HUGE (her words) bum ..

she has told me not to expect a little baby lol

crumpets didnt realise they could change up to 36 weeks ..

has anyone else heard that breach babies are hereditary ? not sure how that could be ?
  • Is not heard that breech babies are hereditary? Agree with you thatm not sure how that can be really when people have a breech baby one pregnancy and not the next.

Mine is currently breech I think but I've just hit 30 weeks today so I'm not too concerned. I'm feeling lots more kicks than big movements though soni hope she doesn't get too comfy there!!

Still feeling completely disorganised with 10 weeks to go. With both DDs the nursery was long done by this point but it feel like all the focus so far has been on their birthdays and partiy next week so hopefully once that's out of the way we can get cracking! Am taking DH to mamas and papas tomorrow to see the furniture we've picked out anyway as they have a free delivery offer on until 30th so that's motivated unto get ordering! St hope he approves!!!
  • i know what you mean i am 34 weeks on friday and still havent bought car seat , have ordered cot and waiting for it to come but apart from that really need to get going

got to buy a steriliser , get hospital bag ready and also get all sheets and blankets etc

i had everything done by about 22 weeks last time and my bag packed by 30 weeks

seems to be creeping by so fast but finish work next week so i am determined to get organised then

feeebs apparently certain scientists say it is genetic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7317215.stm
  • Glad I'm not the only one who's not organised!!

My friends baby turned at 38 weeks so there's lots of time. My mw can't decide if it's baby's head or boney (her words!) bum under my ribs! said if shes still not sure at 34 weeks she'll send us for a scan at 37 to check.

Not long to go ladies!! image
  • Well baby is head down, but i also think movement has slowed down alot, its bigger movements but less frequent. I think im pretty much all ready just need cot mattress and baby monitors and to pack hospital bag! tho packing the bag makes it seem so real lol x

• <span style="color: #666666; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="line-height: 19px;">Phat_Sue - I suspect mine has a bony bum too although the mw is convinced she's breech. I wouldn't object to a bonus scan to find out though!!