Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello mat leave!

Well as the title suggests tomorrow is now the first day of my maternity leave eeek!! unfortunately gp has signed me off due to high bp and increase in swelling to the point i couldnt fit in my shoes lol! not the best weather for flip flops haha. Im currently trying to make a to do list so i can structure the next 4 and half weeks off!

when is everyone else starting?

x

Replies

• im joining you i finished on friday ,  due 4 weeks on friday and now wondering what on earth i am going to do with my time , do NOT want to spend loads of money and this weather is rubbish isn't it 

have a 21 month son and just want to try and spend time with him but just hope we dont both get too bored , my hubby works nights so bit worried we will end up waking him during the day ...

it is a lovely feeling sitting here though knowing no monday morning blues and the time should fly till little ones are here 

• I'm finished now too, is nice not to have to set the alarm tomorrow eh!? Just ashame the bump means I can't get a comfortable lie in! Am hoping I have enough energy to enjoy the free time but have a feeling I will spend much of it vegging! X
  • Yep alarm has been switched off! tho my son has decided i dont need to sleep for periods of longer that 3hrs lol and he aint even born yet! Nesting is really kicking in and i just want everything in the house to be done... however this back fired when i left cillit bang on my new stainless steel hob over night as i fell asleep...  you can guess how that looks image

aww mummylintern hope you get to enjoy time off with your little man image

i had my appraisal in work today so tomorrow i guess is my first official day of not needing to go in eeek! ive decided this week ill clean a room a day lol, spread my time lol.

x

• Start my leave on the 16th May, taking 4 weeks holiday before SMP starts on the 19th June.... only 91/2 working days left and counting....x

• Just 7 days left for me!! Can. Not. Wait.
  • I've not had a job since coming back from travels but it's amazing how u fill a day! I have 5 close friends on mat leave, 2 with babies and 3 preg so I see them and also have a couple of friends who work part time but different days do see them when they're off! It's great! Been spending lots of time napping too as can't seem to sleep through the night. Enjoy your alarm free mornings! x
  • I'm so jealous of you all!!! I finish for mat leave 5 weeks today and it can't come quickly enough!! Sooooooo tempted to bring it forward as have had a bit of a stressful couple of weeks with DH being admitted to hospital and kept in for over a week leaving me on my own with our 2 DDs and bump and working and a cold (borught on by the stress I think!!) but he's home and on the mend now and I know I'll be glad I've worked as late as possible when it means I get to have a couple of extra weeks before going back! So I'm hanging on in there image