Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

Aches and pains!

God is everyone else starting to suffer as much as I am or is it just because I'm getting old and my body has done this twice before?! I seemed to sail through both my previous pregnancies and although by this stage I was getting a bit breathless and turning in bed was hard work I was basically by normal self just fatter. This time however my body seems to be giving up on me!! I've been havin mild SPD for a few weeks but it seems now that everytime I do anything other than sit on my bum all day (which never happens!!) I'm in agony in my ladybits overnight and the next day, and yesterday's managed to bugger up the back of my knee crouching to sort out some paperwork whilst clearing out the garage and have been awake in the night with it just throbbing. The strange thing is that I'm not as heavy as I was in my second pregnancy so it can't be all about the weight gain. I must just be getting old!!

Replies

• I'm not that far behiond you Crumpets - I'll be 36 in August image

• Well I'm on 28 but yes as I get on in the weeks it's taking its toll image

Thankfully my SPD is much better since I finished work at 33 wks and is only bad at night now and I can cope with that.  But my knees are struggling (although doing some weeding and scrubbing the kitchen/bathroom floors didn't help that).  I find I can't kneel down at all.

With bubs so low now and it being too hot to wear my support belt I find I have to literally pick it up to help the strain.

Not really done much today but my neck is really sore today and hubby's out so no massage on the cards image

• for a minute there I couldnt remember how old I was! 31 (32 in a few months) Ive found it harder this time seem to cruise throught first pregnancy, aches and pains seem a lot worse this time, but think thats because I have dd to run around after and last time was working sat behind a computer???thats my theory! hope you are all ok x

• Well I'm still spending my working life behind a computer and it's definitely harder, although having a 2 year old to run after/ carry around definitely doesn't help! The closer age gap this time around (DD1 was 3 when DD2 was born) has made it physically harder than my last pg...