Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BA Ethan John

Well on 3rd June we welcomed Ethan into the world! He arrived at 5.50pm weighing in at 8lb 3oz and 3 days early on his daddy's birthday! On my phone so won't do full BS but contractions started at 12noon and were 7 mins apart. By 2pm they were 2.30 mins apart!! Que mad rush to the hospital where I was told I was 5cm and progressing quickly. Bounced on a ball while they filled the pool then I got in there at 4pm. Was all going really well and was fully dilated by 5pm. The midwife had just explained I would deliver in the pool in the next hour when she checked baby's heart rate and it had dropped. Had to get straight out the pool and onto the bed. Closed my eyes for a contraction and when I opened them the room was fully if people! He was in distress and had the cord round his neck so needed out fast. I had a big episiotomy (with no pain relief!!) and with a bit of help from a kiwi cap and a massive push he arrived safely at 5.50pm. Although it didn't end the way if hoped he is safe and healthy so they did the right thing. Home and trying to establish feeding. He is awesome and me and hubby are totally besotted with him!! Hope your babies all arrived safely x

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on yor new arrival xxx
  • Options

Congratulations! Both you and ccarter09 are paving the way for fast labours! xxx

• Options

Congratulations on the birth of baby Ethan! Sorry it didn't go quite to plan, but very glad that he arrived safely which is most important. x

• Options
    Congratulations. Wow what a fast labour and an episiotomy without pain relief?? Ouch!! Glad Ethan is here safe and sound tho....enjoy being a mummy image x
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of Ethan, super fast delivery & a good size!! Enjoy your special time together x
  • Options

Congrats honey! xxx

• Options
    Thanks ladies!!

Although the end was agony its an amazing sense of accomplishment having a baby. I wouldn't fancy doing it again tomorrow but what an amazing thing to be able to do.

Good luck to all the mummies still waiting x
  • Options

congrats phatsue !! hows the feeding going xx

• Options
    Wow fantastic news well done you! Xx
  • Options
    Well done! Another fast labour! Hope you are recovering well! Congratulations!

• Options
    Congratulations! And ouchy to your episiotomy with no pain relief!! Xxx
  • Options

congratulations on the safe arrival of baby ethan, hope you are both doing well, and even though I bet it hurt like hell, I have heard it is better to be cut then tear as easier to heal, so hope it has started to heal well and that you are not in too much discomfort xxx