Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else feeling the same way

Hi All I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling? Anyone excited, nervous or anxious? Anyone had it having the flu jab? How is everyone sleeping? I've still got my discharge but it does seem a lot lighter today image but I've had and tummy cramps through the night....it's prob stretching but I can't help over thinking things and thinking the worse. Can't wait to get to 12weeks, the next 2/3 weeks are going to drag. I keep thinking the same thing is going to happen this time round......how do i banish these thoughts from my head??

Replies

• Options
    Positive and happy thoughts SandyBaby18, I'm sure this pregnancy is going to be a healthy and beautiful one xx

Can I ask how long you waited from your first pregnancy til you tried again?

It makes me have hope that you got pregnant so soon after last time...praying it will be the same for me xx
  • Options
    I haven't felt right the last 2days so I've convinced myself something has happened image it's horrible having such negative thoughts all the time. My husband is being so supportive, I just hope I make his dreams come true.

We were told at the hospital to wait at least 3months before trying again, but when I went to see my Dr she told us to try asap because of my age!! So I had my d+c on the 9th August and starting trying in Sept.....and now I'm 9weeks.

If things don't work out this time round I think we will wait a few months before we try again as I don't think I was emotionally ready to get pregnant so soon afterwards.

I'm praying everyday that my little bean will stay with me and I get the chance to become a mummy.

I've sailed through life so focus on work and going away 2-3 times a year, and all of a sudden there's a huge clock creeping up behind me ticking very loudly!!

How are you feeling? Are you sleeping? I found aftr my mc that babies were on my brain 24/7 and I couldn't wait to fall pregnant again.

Do you think you will try asap? Or get xmas out of the way and start again in the new year?

Sending you a big warm hug....you will get there. Xxxxx
  • Options

Thanks Sandybaby18

Like you age is not on my side.  I will be 41 in march so hoping to get pregnant before then.  The nurse advised me to wait a month but my GP said as long as you feel ready you can try.  So i think i am going to do a home pregnancy test and if it says negative then we will go for it.  I hope its true what people say about being more fertile after a MC.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? 

I was on clomid to conceive so hopefully seeing fertility doc soon to see if i should go back on it

x

• Options
    Apparently you are super fertile after child birth or mc....I think that's how we caught so quickly.

I'm nearly 38, so I have a little time. Fertility treatment in wales stop at 38, unless you have already been referred. What is the age limit where you live?

You will have good days and low days. But I always made sure dtd was fun and note a choreimage

Are you off work?
  • Options

I will have to pay for IVF if that is the route we go down.

You have to start IVF treatment before 40 to be free and its only the first round that is free.  It will cost about £4500. Gulp

Both hubby and i were sure we would have to pay and have IVF and luckily we fell pregnant on second cycle of clomid.  we been trying for 10 months when we got pregnant. The doctor didnt even want to put me on clomid as she said we had not even been trying for a year but i insisted.  And even with clomid i still ovulated really late so maybe it was my natural cycle.  I dont know.

The thing is after you had all the test and stuff about 6 months have gone by.  Its so time consuming.  

Hopefully we will be lucky again (fingers crossed)

I freelance and have no work this week.  I need work to save money

x

• Options
    We get 2 rounds of IVF, its strange how different it is around the UK.

IVF is soooo expensive, we have friends that went to Malaysia as it was so much cheaper than here.

I felt my life was on hold trying to get pregnant and it consumed all my thoughts, now I am pregnant I'm wishing the months would fly by.

Do you enjoy your job? If you do least you have that to take your mind off things. Even if it's just for a few hours.
  • Options

i do when i get work but its such a fickle industry.  I do tv and film extra work.  So i am more poor than comfortable.

Yeah maybe i will have to move to area who will give me free ivf.  I think everyone should be entitled to at least one round.

Was your friend successful in Malaysia?  how much did it cost her?

Praying i get pregnant soon x