Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I must be 1 really crap mum - feeling sh**ty

Well J had a chest infection which has triggered off a mild astma, Isaac's constipation has come bk and his follow up isnt until next monday and Tyler has dropped 2 centiles (sp?) on his weight chart since birth. HV great and said not to worry too much as he is not major underweight but thats easier said than done when ur the 1 responsible for them. They've all been up this morning (inc baby) since 5 with a nasty chesty cough and i didnt go to bed till gone 12, plus i woke up at 2 to feed Tyler. Im soooooooooo tired!

To top it all off my Dad phoned last night to say his psa levels where high so he had to have a blood test which confirmed pre cancerous cells and now his ... eherm... 'bits' - not nice to hear aboout ur dads bits - are enlarged and it could be cancer. He lives 150 miles away from me as do all my family so i cant even go and give him a cuddle.

Not feeling great this morning :cry:

Elaine and her rattling boys :\( xx

[Modified by: Elaine&Boys on 03 September 2008 07:03:00 ]

Replies

• Options
    your not a crap mum - i wouldnt even know where to start with three to take care of so you are doing fab hun... i think its just bad luck that this all happened at once not a reflection on you.

As for you Dad - so sorry to hear he is ill. I'm sure he knows how much you care even if you aren't close by. Hope it all works out ok for him... keep us posted!

Amy xxx
  • Options
    Aww elaine sounds like ur having a really shit day, sorry about ur boys and ur dad sending u all my love and best wishes. Looking after a baby is hard at the best of times nevermind having 2 other lo to tend to. I know i find it hard and iv only got one other lil 'un to look after, sum days i just feel like crying wen the pair of them are just marding and been a pain in the arse. Ur not a bad mum, chin up chuck. Kerry xxx
  • Options
    thanx girls, think it all got to me. What with every1 being ill and me having little sleep coz i have to get up with isaac some nights as well as baby i felt like i wasnt doing as good as i should of.

Feeling loads better now. :\)

Elaine xx