Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Our babies 1st xmas.........

Hi girls, Have started my xmas shopping today for all the neices and nephews and tried not too get too carried away!!!

What are you all going to buy for your LOs? They are not gonna have a clue it is xmas so I was just going to get something from Sam to give to his brother to open as I know the rest of the family will be going mad as usual. Does that sound really mean?

Hope you are all doing well and babies are as adorable as ever....x x x

Replies

• Hiya
    I don't think your mean at all!!
    I'm going to do the same and just buy a few small bits this xmas, I'm sure she will get absolutely loads from everyone else and its tight with money due to the mat leave
  • i started a good xmas shop yesterday. ive been buyin bits and piece but went toys r us and there was an offer spend ??40 on fisher price and get ??10 toys r us voucher. ive bought siena 4 fisher price toys and the fisher price pram walker (was ??24.99 in woolies for ??12.49!!) and gonna get her the fisher price doll from neve for a tenner, and thats it, didnt mean 2 go ott on fisher price ha it was a good offer and i liked their range anyway. ive been buying toys for the girls and telling members of my family so they can give me the ???? for them and they can wrap them up, that way i can monitor what they get and i dont end up with loads of crapy stuff that useless. neves birthday is on the 23rd so got a 2nd b'day to buy for. so got her a kitchen, till, doll, fancy dress shoes, puzzles etc and not got her stuff 4 xmas yet hoping 2 buy her a bike. sounds like we have spent alot but ive really bargain hunted this yr and bought things throu the yr if they r on offer. they wont no, but thinks like walkers, door bouncers, crawling toys, teething rings and rattles etc that ur gonna be buying them anyway so its nice to buy them all ready for when u need them. let us know if you stop any bargains and add on the links!! xx
  • money is really tight for us this year too! Was in Tesco today though and they were selling off loads of childrens clothes at just 25p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bought tonnes for my neices & nephews for this Xmas and their birthdays next year! Couldn't believe how cheap they all were!
    As for Ashton, no doubt family will buy him loads so we were just gonna do him a wee stocking from Becky his sister!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Its lovely to get things for babies at Xmas but its when they are older saying Mummy "can I have this", "but mummy so and so's got that" ect that you will be spending a fortune so why bother now. Tyler will have something from us with 'my first christmas on it' and the boys will have a couple of bits each - my family will over do it as usual. :roll: Then its on to Bdays! Isaacs is 6th Jan! Im sooooo broke this year so I couldnt even if i wanted to! xx xx