Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Boiled water

As some of you may know from other threads I have commented on I have been struggling to get Zac to drink water with his meals... I have reluctantly tried juice and he reacted the same way (screwing face up) so think it was more the cup than what was in it... Anyway since I have invested in a doidy cup he is much better - my question however is regarding water - does it still need to be cooled boiled water and if so for how much longer - when can I just offer tap water???

Thanks Ladies
Amy xx

Replies

• I have been given Ashton tap water for a couple of weeks now, I must admitted it is filtered first though in one of those britax jugs, hasn't done him any harm. Still used boiled water for his bottles though!
    Only started using the filtered water as I always forgot to get his jiuce ready before lunch / tea so it was always to hot! xxxx
  • Im having the same problems with trying to introduce water/juice to LO. Have tried loads of different cups and beakers with no luck. LOL. My LO doesnt screw up his face in disgust though, he just spits it all back out though. O and he thinks its funny now

Zacky has always liked his milk though, so he will get round to drinking water in his own good time I guess.

As for tap water, I read another post on here that said ythat tap water can be given from 6 mths according to that 'birth to 5' book from the hospital. Cant remember where it as posted though.

Beck