Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

weaning questions etc...!

hiya
my 7 month old twins are eating away...
they love finger food...
toast, cheese, crumpets, bananas....

BUT any lumpy bits left in the food they choke - quite scarily!
have weaned a singleton baby before - she is 3 now, and she NEVER did this!!!!!!!!

also only one of my twins can roll over...
neither of them crawling yet!
they can sit up - ut then fall over quite quickly....
my daughter was def crawling at this same age...
are your babies?
are mine really behind?

i'm starting to worry today!

Replies

• Hiya...

I wouldn't worry - I wouldn't say your lo's are behind at all! My lo is also 7 months and can't roll, crawl or even bottom shuffle... he sits well but does topple now and then (I surround him with cushions now as a crash mat!)....

Zac is getting used to finger food too but sometimes seems to 'gag' on lumps (odd)... I don't know if its becasue they get used to having to chew their finger food but not their dinner and when we introduce lumps they think 'hang on, this is supposed to be runny and easy to swallow!' lol

BTW = What are your lo's called and when were they born?

Amy x
  • Hi sweet

I must have the laziest baby on here!

He does sit, but like Zacky, has to have a pile of cushions behind him, he doesn't roll, doesn't 'do' lumps - in fact he chokes aswell which sounds like your littlies. I've given up for now. The only finger foods I give him are the carrot organix stix - they're bril cos they just melt down (they're like giant wotsits without the cheese) and organix rice cakes. Bread or anything else he just chokes on.

As for lumpy food, Reiss still has his completely pureed, I tried him on less pureed but again, he gags so I really am not worried about it. My other3 were not like this at all, but hey ho, the last ones supposed to be lazy I think!

I would be enjoying the time you have before they are on the move - you know they'll be disappearing in opposite directions at the same time!xx
  • Zacky has no problems with food and lumps, and can sit unaided (tends to headbut the floor if he is tired) but will he roll? No! Will he crawl? No! Will he bum shuffle? No!

Dont worry, LO's just do things in their own timeframe, and probably just think its fun to make moms worry. LOL

Zackys 32 weeks now.
  • Damn, just realised I got Becky's Zacky and Amy's Zac mixed up aagggh - sorry girls!xx
  • hi
    thanks for all replies - i am quite clearly just a pushy mother!!!! LOL.

my twins are called Ross and Darcy (she's a girl!).

my 1st daughter must have been just fast at everything - cos i have all her mile stones written down, and the twins are much slower to do stuff!

i think i will stop comparing them!