Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

in 1 end - out the other!

Need ur help ladies!

Tyler has been on hungry baby milk for a couple of weeks and I started to wean him 3 nights ago. The trouble is for the last week or so he has been pooing alot about 4/5 times a day - not particulaly(sp?) runny or firm (sorry if tmi) BUT the last 2 days he has been doing one about 20 mins after EVERY bottle and then he has also gone twice in the night! He was only waking once in the night and I know he was about to drop that feed coz he would take about an ounce of it and go bk to sleep. It goes in 1 end and out the other! He dosnt seem uncomfortable and is still his chatty, smiley self. Why is this happening? What can I do? I WANT TO SLEEP!

xx xx

Replies

• Hi Elaine I am in the same boat as far as sleep is concered!!! Ashton has started to wake at least twice a night for the last few nights and its killing me! It was so good when he was sleeping from 8.30 till 07.30!!!

Not sure about the poo!!! Ashton is now getting baby rice once a day and I haven't noticed a difference with him yet. If you are concerned then I would speak to your gp or hv as I don't want to alarm you or anything but Ashton was like that when he was on normal milk and that was a sign that he was intolerrant to cows milk. I take it he is fine in every other way? No sickness? Maybe its just him getting used to the baby rice and might take a day or two to settle.

Big hugs to you all!!! xxxxx
  • well hes always been pretty sicky and he is gaining weight - albeit slowly. hes dropped over 2 centiles on his growth chart. im taking him to get weighed on Tueday so i'll see HV then. Thanx babe xx
  • I also have that problem with Olly and I haven't even started weaning him yet! I rang hv the other day as it has started to concern me, he only put on 1 oz in a week when i'd changed fully to bottle feeding. She suggested putting him on comfort milk, which hasn't made any difference yet and if anything he is worse! She also said not to start weaning until his tummy had settled down.
    In your case Elaine it probably is just him getting used the change in formula and the baby rice.

Hope the problem gets sorted soon.

Jules and Olly
  • Hiya hon!

Am going through this with Tommy at the mo!

He was really constipated when I put him on the stage 2 cow and gate but since have started weaning him - my god I cannot believe the amount of poo!!! Outfits are having to be changed and everything and yes, its very loose and stinks!!! Wish I was back at the stage 1 milk time when poo wasnt this much of a problem lol

Where has the time gone - seems 2 minutes ago we were counting down days til our babies were here, now we are having poo issues due to food!!!!!