Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

This time last year..........

I had just got my BFP and can remember all the excitement and joy I felt.
I remember being scared to tell my dad even tho I was 27 and in a fab relationship and my dad cried down the phone!!!
Can't believe a year has passed and now have Mason in my arms as I type this. Life is pretty amazing isn't it!
x x x x

Replies

• Gotta to agree with you there Katie!!!! I would have jsut got my BFP aswell, and remember agreeing that we wouldn't tell anyone till we had the 12 week scan, needless to say the whole family knew by 4 1/2 weeks!!! And work & friends know by 8 weeks. We were just so excited!!!! Love Ashton to bits now and really can't imagine my life without him! Roll on baby number 2, lol.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • time goes so fast now its 2nd time round it goes even quicker i remember thinking when neve was 5 mths yeah i want another baby!! madness but true!
    i tested around the 17th oct, hubby and i were away for the night so had a test ready and got up very early in the am, didnt tell him i was testing until i bounced on the bed, think it was the best wake up call he had ever had ha!!
    siena is growing so so quickly and is such a good baby, makes me realise either i was a bit rubbish at being mum 1st time round or neve was a harder baby. if we had more space i would defo consider baby number 3 in the very near future. but as this credit crunch has no signs of changing that plan will have 2 wait!!
    xxxx
  • I think the memory of when and where got BFP will always be clear for all of us...I remember getting BFP with my daughter and she's 5 now!
    Was Oct 10 last yr, really didn't expect it as been ttc for months with no luck and had no symptoms at all...decided best check before going on honeymoon to Cuba. couldn't believe it was positive, was so pleased, but unfortunately couldn't try any of the cuban rum, although hubby tells me it was good!
    Like you Loubieloulou, I would like another soon (really didn't feel that way after my first) but money/small house situation means we will have to wait. And the fact that hubby says no...reckon I can talk him round tho!
  • i remember it clearly! we'd just moved house and J was almost 2 and Isaac was 9 months and I'd had no AF but thought it was down to stress (v. stressful move) but I tested thinking it would be - and got + straight away then i remember telling OH who seemed shcked but quite ok with it - then there was me in tears thinking "not again" lol. but i wouldnt be without him now!! xx ;\)
  • Hi

Well I remember it as I was regular as clockwork lol, and I was shopping and realised I was 3 days late and wasnt quite feeling myself, so I decided to take the test. Me and Ray had only been together since April and he has not met Robbie my 5 year old yet.

It was some England match on the telly and I had my purse snatched on the same day which had my new mobile in, it was a terrible day. As you can probably tell this wasnt in my plans or his, he was getting geared up to meet Robbie soon but we thought we should wait till the time was right.

My god well I tested positive even though I didnt feel preggers, I told him and he first of all hugged me and told me it was ok, he would be there, his mum was away and he told his sister and mum and they both cried. They wewre scared for him and knew one child would be hard to get used too and then another due.

I went back to Newcastle as that is where I lived, Robbie was with his nan, and then Ray started to have doubts and it was rocky for a few days and then he said he wanted to meet Robbie and for me to move closer and he said he was happy and couldnt wait to be a daddy.

Now he loves both children as much, daddys princess and daddys little man, things have worked out.

OMG Havent told many people about that, if people asked she was planned, but I trust you girls
  • As Sophie wasnt due until 2nd July, this time last year we were having lots of fun trying to make sure that we conceived her, and didnt actually get my BFP until October 31st, can't believe how quick time has past by, I remember it like it was yesterday and I dnt even feel like iv actually been preg and had a baby in between, lol. How far we've all come in a year. xxx
  • everyones reasons and plans for children are so different, both of my girls were planned but if i got pg now, i would be so shocked and scared to think where would lo go!! after than thought we would be over the moon! some pl take time to get used to the thought of pg but everything happens for a reason and everything works out in the end image
  • Kerry, us too! In fact Barney was conceived exactly a year ago today while we were on holiday in Turkey. I got my BFP on about the 18th while we were living with my parents waiting for our house to be finished. I only did the test cos oh made me, I was utterly sure I was pregnant already!
    xx
  • Boo hoo! Makes me really want another one! Loved the excitement of looking forward to the birth etc, although not quite as much as I love watching them change from teeny lil things to lovely independent kiddies! Soo much to look forward to xxx
  • Boo hoo! Makes me really want another one! Loved the excitement of looking forward to the birth etc, although not quite as much as I love watching them change from teeny lil things to lovely independent kiddies! Soo much to look forward to xxx
  • I knew I was pg aswell - happened 3 months after having mmc so was bit nervous, but just had a good feeling about this one!

With my last ds, I peed on stick and then turned it over to wait for the 3 minutes when we turned it over together so we both found out at the same time, however with this one, I peed on the stick and the blue line came up straight away so I found out first!

Think we found out mid October after I had been due. We conceived on 9th September!