Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

teeth already ?? surely not??

ok, the past couple of days siena has gone so upset. high temp and chewing so much on her little hands, the dribbling has been everywhere today so looks like her 1st tooth is on the way. neve was 4mths when she got her 1st but they take a while to come throu, she was really poorly with teething im hoping siena aint the same poor thing. any1 else going throu this???

Replies

• Hi hun, can't help that much i'm afraid as no signs of teething in Braedon so far and my first cut all her teeth without so much as a whimper but she did get dribbly and one cheek used to go red, onthe side the tooth coming through. She never got grumpy tho!
    The only thing I can suggest is Anbesol which you can get from boots etc.(not the extra strength which is adults only) and it completely numbs the area. Is brilliant for toothache and have a supply all ready to go for when we get to that stage!
    Hope this helps!!!
    Claudia xxxx
  • Hi

My daughter is the same dribbling, chewwing her hands constantly, getting upset, red cheeks.

She has been like this for about 10 weeks now but seems to be worse this last week - i hope there is one coming soon

Cazz
  • Tyler is the same - dribble everywhere, fist in the mouth and the noises he makes when hes chewing it are soooo funny.

Apparently my auntie was born with a tooth so its not impossible to cut them at any age i suppose!

Elaine xx
  • yeh its common 2 get teeth at this age. neve was cutting teeth for about a year and cried all the time, her cheeks were always red, dribble and also giving her medicine it was only near the end i discovered a great solution....

calpol 2.5 or 5ml depending on how old she was

2 hours later nurofen (dunno on that spelling) same dose as calpol

and inbetween boots own branded soothing crystals the nelson ones makes boots own and boots own are cheaper!! how rude of them ha!!
    neve loved these crystals and would calm down right away when i held up the packet. i really hope siena isnt in the same pain that neve was, wish i could take the pain for them.

today siena has been upset and high temp again, took her the doctors as her left eye keeps getting gunk in it but she is fine, she is such a laidback happy baby its such a shame she is crying so much boohoo x

thanks 4 the advice anything else very welcomed!!! xx