Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

WHEN TO WEAN BABY???

Hi.

My son is only 13 weeks old at the moment and not showing any signs of wanting anymore than his 5 bottles of approximately 9ozs a day.

However, I was wondering what everyone else is doing weaning wise - wait until 6 months as they say now or play it by ear and do anytime from 4 months?

I guess wait and see if he gets hungry after his bottles because I can't increase the amount of milk in his bottles and I'm not going to go backwards and give him more bottles a day.

My other two children were both weened from 16 weeks old.

Let me know what you are doing.

Leila x

Replies

• iv weaned all of ny boys at 5 months and will probably do the same with tyler. xx
  • The Health Visitor keeps saying not till 6 months now. Mind you when have I ever listened to them unless it really matters!

I think Ronnie will be ready for Steak and Chips by the time he's 6 months old :lol:. He's abig lad.

Leila x
  • LOL @ Ronnies yummy sounding dinner!!

As regards to the HV - they can sometimes talk a load of bulls**t.
    MUM KNOWS BEST!!

Some people wean their babies from 3 months!! Although I would never do that im not gonna knock it, its what ever u feel is right for ur baby.

I dont blame u for not wanting to back track with the bottles. Im dying to wean tyler - I will probably do him at 4-5 months. Sod what the HV says!!

Elaine xx

[Modified by: Elaine&Boys on September 01, 2008 10:29 AM]

• i'm going to keep an open mind about weaning too - i can't imagine Zac waiting until 6 months before having any food so will see how we feel nearer the time - I am slowly learning that HV's aren't god!

I think sometimes as a first time mum i have taken their advice too literally and then got stressed if things don't go as they say they should!

I agree - mum knows best!

Amy x
  • Thanks ladies, I'm going to wait until Ronnie is seeming to be wanting more than his 5 bottles and waking earlier on a morning and then start. I've already seen a slight change in his morning pattern so maybe another 3 weeks when he is 16 weeks ld I'll try some baby rice. Thanks. Leila x