Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Help needed please!

Hi Ladies

It just feels like one thing after another at the moment!!

My LO hasn't been sleeping very well at all for the past month i thought it was due to teething but she wakes up numerous times during the night screaming and i mean screaming really hard to settle again.

Last week i started to look into other reasons for this as i have aslo realised when she wakes up screaming she draws her knees up to her chest - tummy ache / pain ???

I kept a food and sleep diary last week and the only thing i can see is dairy products may make it worse as some days i gave her them and others i didn't.

Can anyone shed any light on whether dairy products caould cause her to wake with tummy ache

Thanks

Cazz (one very tired mummy!!)

Replies

• I think dairy could be a trigger, as i've always found this for myself, so it could be the same for babies? Poor tired mummies! Have sympathy too, am trying to figure out a way to cut out our night feeds. xxx
  • really hope it gets better soon x
    i think dairy intolerance can cause a "gripey" tummy for some people so it is possible that this is the problem. maybe take food diary to HV and ask advise on cutting out dairy again completely for a while to see if situation improves and then reintroducing one thing at a time and monitoring reaction.
    good luck with it hon xxx