Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

junies catch up

any 1 got any interesting plans? Holidays, birthdays, weddings??

We might be going down to Canvey Island for the day on 1st Nov to see the boys great grandad for his 80th.
Its my eldests bday on Tuesday - he'll be 3 - eeek!!
Cant afford a holiday - maybe next year.

xx xx

Replies

• In short No!! We have two holidays booked for next year, Eygpt in May and then Mallorca with my parents at the end of June, but nothing till then. I did meet my new neice (11 weeks) for the first time yesterday though. They live in London and we are in Yorkshire so we only really see them when we meet up at my parents in Nottingham (your neck of the woods?) They have a little girl 15 weeks younger than Millie as well so she had a lovely time! Is J having a big party for his birthday?
    xx
  • No - I just cant afford it. I wanted to reserve a place in Playmania with food and friends (not that he has many of them yet - LOL) and family but money is extremely tight as im in so much debt! Lil evening tea party with family, not quite sure what to do for entertainment for adults though. Probably a bottle of wine or 2 LOL!

Still its when they are older tha they'll be wanting parties ect. so maybe next year!

How old is Millie?
    xx
  • Hey girls we are the same no holidays for us as money is so tight! Pete is away with the band at the start of May, down to wales for a couple of night and then I think they may be going to France again nearer the end of the year. I went to France with him last year for a week and it was great however really don't want to do it with Ashton yet as it was almost a whole day of the coach there & back and just lots of drinking!!!

I think a little tea party is perfect for them when they are so little and a few bottles of wine will be great for the adults, lol!!! What are you getting him?
    xxxx
  • Hiya
    We're goin to the mil's 4 xmas and that is pretty much the only holiday we can afford! Hopefully we mite b able to get away sumwhere nice nx year.
    Goin back to work in a few weeks not lookin 4ward 2 that!
    Can't wait to start doin birthday parties 4 my lo, i love little tea parties!!
    xxx
  • I'd make the adults entertain the lo's while you have a drink lol! Millie was two in August, we just had some of her friends and our families round and let them play in the back garden with all her toys. People keep buying her huge toys so our garden looks a lot like a nursery and they had a great time. I think at that age they are a bit young to appreciate a big party anyway.
    xx
  • we've got him a trampoline (hoping he'll bounce off some energy LOL) and we are thinking of taking him to this place in Ripley where there is a real train size Thomas you can get on. I wish I could get him more but money is sooo tight and with Xmas round the corner and Isaacs 2nd Bday on 6th Jan we've Ive got to be sensible. xx