Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ok officially peed off

Bloody baby, well Caitlin is now 28 weeks tbh, i dont understand how i can get this child tosleep through the night.

routine point out if im goin wrong

7am bottle
9- 30 mins nap
10 breakfast ready brek n milk with water
12.30- lunch- sandwich, rice cake n yoghurt
1- sleep 1 hour
2- bottle
4-rice cake or fruit finger food
6 dinner
6.30 bath
7-massage n bottle
8 sleep

then she does

10.30 feed
1-feed
5 feed

Its like she is scared of bloody missing out lol, why wont she sleep- she has 2 teeth and a couple to come through but she has never really slept

She is really clingy, screams a lot for attention, n is so smiley, so good at crocodile tears, n typically all smiles for daddy argfh xx

god i feel like all i ever do is whinge n moan at u lovely girls xx

Replies

• Options
    Ahh hun you really are have a bit of a hard time lately, but hey thats what we are here for!!!!!
    Your routine sounds fine only thing we do different is that we swaddle Ashton at night as he was waking all the time! Can't keep his arms still so is waking him self. He is now sleeping much better and normally only waking once in the night. When he does I normally rub teething gel on and give him his dummy back and he goes back to sleep. Sorry not much help! xxxxxxx
  • Options
    I think its something to do with being born on the 19th hun!!!

Tyler dosnt sleep through and cries when i walk out of the room gets bored after 5 mins of being in walker/chair - gggrrr!!!

No advice - but plenty of sympathy!! xx xx
  • Options
    Reiss sleeps through (sorry, dont jinx me please!) but only started when we put him in his own room. The first couple of nights he woke up but we just gave him his dummy and didnt feed him and he sopped waking up.

He is stil clingy but always has been, so Im just used to it now I think lol!xx
  • Options
    Don't shoot me but my june baby sleeps through and has done since he was 12 weeks - i said don't shoot!

But even as a newborn Zac was a good night sleeper and never fed as often as I expected during the night. I know I am extremely lucky.

Only thing I would suggest Tracey is up the food in the day - try bigger quantities, larger bottles etc?!?!? At my baby group the other week one of the hv said that that babies waking in the night once fully weaned is a habit thing not hunger and not to reward with food but I know thats easier said than done when you have a screaming baby in the middle of the night... and the hv don't always don't alwasy speak sense...

Have you tryed controlled crying??? If this hv was right ts unlikely Caitlin is actually hungry!?!!?

xx
  • Options
    cant put caitlin in own room as only have 2 bed, although thought bout putting her in with robbie but dont want him kept awake either, she's having a nap now as she wouldnt sleep at 9 ish bloody typical x