Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Junnies routines

Just wondering what routines people have got now???
Evan is as follows lol:

7am up - try and get him to drink milk will have maybe one, 2 if lucky
8am - breakfast then toast with daddy
9.15 (making it to half past slowly) - nap for an hour
10.30 - has couple of yogurts
12-12.30 lunch
1.30 - nap for hour and half
3ish - couple of yogurts and snack
5is - tea
6pm - bath with daddy
6.30ish - rusk or porridge with milk and yogurt
7pm - bed

He has a lot of yogurt as you can see he wont drink any milk - my mother keeps bitching his routine is to strict but we go out and about after his half ten yogs and after 3 to groups or walks or for him to play with friends - am I being to rigid??? I suppose its just thats when hes hungry and tired aND ARHHHHHHHHH WHY DO OTHER PEOPLE MAKE YOU QUESTION YOURSELF!

anyway lol
xx

Replies

• this sounds about the same as camerons routine hun, we aren't necessarily set to it though. today for example i went out at 9.30 so he had 20 mins in the car and then has jsut slept as and when he needs it in the pram...but his feeds have all been in the right places.
    I think if this routine works for you then it is fine and as long as you dont feel confined by it whats the problem.
    I try to stay at home in a morning so i can make sure cam has had one good nap at least, then if i need to go anywhere i go in the afternoon but still work round his feeds. but if i need to go out in the moning i dont worry just as long as he's on the pram or car he will sleep if he needs it!
    xx
  • summer has quite a strict routine but thats only coz she wont sleep properly without it lol

8am breakfast - weetabix mixed with 4oz milk
    9.30-10am 7oz milk
    then sleep
    12noon lunch - 1/2 a stage 2 jar or equviliant (sp) with a yogurt
    2.30-3pm 7oz milk
    then sleep if i can get her to have one.
    5pm dinner as lunch but no yogurt but 1/2 a desert jar
    6pm bath
    6.30 7oz bottle
    7pm bed

and relax lol

i normally take summer out after her lunch at 12 as then i have 5hrs til i have to feed her solids again i just find it easier that way. I think im a bit obsessive with her routine as my mum has a copy of it as does kirks mum on the rare time she is ever there, but it just works for us, so just do what work for u hun xxx
  • I've always been told babies LOVE routine so I say if it works fro you then don't listen to anyone else... we have a stict routine too and it works really well. I'd hate to not know when Zac would want food/sleep... would make it impossible to plan anything!

Zac's routine is...

8am - 7oz bottle (although doesnt always finish it)
    9.30am - Breakfast (weetabix/ready brek and fruit with toast)
    10 ish - Nap for 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2
    12 - Lunch, savoury homemade meal with breadstick (or other finger food) and fromage frais
    2.15 - 5 oz Bottle (although doesn't always finsih it)
    2.30 - Nap for 1 - 2 hours
    4.30 - Tea, savoury homemade meal, no dessert.
    6.30 Bath and 7oz Bottle
    7 - Bed

Amy xx
  • Wow I get a lie in compared to all of you ladies.

10-10.30am - 8oz bottle and Porrige or toast.

11am - usually has 1st nap of the day. This does vary.

1pm - half stage 2 jar and yogurt or desert. and all or part of an 8oz bottle.

2pm - 2nd nap if lucky.

4pm - Snacks and all or part of 8oz bottle.

6.30-7pm - half stage 2 jar and yogurt or desert. and all or part of an 8oz bottle.

9pm - bed.

He has a bath every 2-3 days as he has problems with very dry skin. Some days we also have to get up earlier (wake LO up at about 8.30-9am) and this can send his routine to pot. Also if we have a lie in and get up at 11-1130am, breckie tends to be skipped and he will just have his bottle.