Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight at 8 weeks???

HI everyone, was just wondering what everyones babies weighted at 8 wks old?
Ashton is struggling to gain weight, at birth he was 8lb 5.5ozs and got up to 8lb 6ozs last week however has now dropped back down to 8lb 4ozs! I have today spoken to my health visitor about it and although concered she says that Ashton is a happy content baby and that when my GP checked he over yesterday he was very happy with him too, however she is gonna speak to the pediatriction at the hospital and get their advice too.
I am breastfeeding and givien him two 4oz bottles of formular a day.
Any advice welcome, cheers Tammi & skinny wee Ashton xxx

Replies

• Barney is only 7 weeks but when he was weighed on Mon he was 12lb 1oz. He is however enourmous, not fat, but just a really big lad. We have already had to start putting him in some 3-6 month clothes as the 0-3 months were getting a bit small and the legs and sleeves are only very slightly too long for him so he is clearly going to be very tall!
  • Hi

Jaina weighed 8lb 4.5oz at birth dropped to 7lb 7oz but regained it in 5 weeks now weighs 10lb 6oz at last weighing session.

They were initially concerned about her but i just keep an eye on her weight now.

Cazz + Jaina
  • Alex was born weighing 9lb 2, he never actually lost any of his birth weigh, and now at 8 weeks weighs 13lb 6. like barney he is not fat just a big baby on the 91st centile
  • I think Tyler is around 11.5lb - havnt had him weighed for a while. Oops Will take him to clinic on Tuesday now! He is also growing too long for his 0-3's.

Elaine xx
  • Zac was 8lb 2oz at birth and took 4 weeks to regain his birth weight (he was excl bf then) he is now 10lb 8.5oz and dead on the 9th centile....

If Ashton is happy and alert and doing plenty of dirty and wet nappies then he will prob just be petite little boy....

Mind you - I think Zac only started to gain a decent amount of weight the more formula I gave him! Not saying thats the answer but I'd prob be in the same boat as you if i were still bfing alot - as it is he only has about two bf's a day now - rest is formula bottles of between 4 - 6 oz's (more often than not its 6oz!)..

Amy & Zac

xxx
  • Lily was 7lb13 when she was born and was weighed last monday and was 10lb15.5 oz. She's 8 weeks today

xxx
  • Hi girls thanks for your responses. After spending the day at the hospital on friday I have decieded to put Ashton on bottles as don't think I have enough milk to feed him anymore / much goodness in it! Really want his weight to start going up so at least this way I can see what he is drinking. xxx
  • Hi Tammi
    that's the only problem with breast feeding, I struggle now at 10 weeks thinking Libby isn't getting enough, although she's still putting on over half and oz a day so looks like she is still getting enough, she's a guzzler though, only spends 5 mins feeding but sucks like crazy.
    She was 8lb 1oz at birth and at 8 weeks weighed 11lb 15oz

I hope it works better for you on formula.

Em x