Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Do they go through the night???

Hi All

Just wondering if your lo's sleep through yet...?

Zac has always been good at night ()never wking more than once) but still he still wakes for a small bottle between 4 and 5am ish... (he goes to bed between 7 - 7.30pm)... I'm just wondering how to drop this night feed as as you can see it is pretty late - this morning for example it was 5.40 by the time I crawled back to bed so he is almost there...

I only give between him a small bottle (about 2-3oz at night when he usually has 6 or 7) which he doesn't like as would clearly rather have more but after a few minutes of moaning he nods off again! I have tried giving water instead but nothing seems to make him want to drop this feed altogether... will he just eek it out gradually or will he just stop waking all of a sudden?!

Also - I know they say not to change a nappy in the night if you can help it but the one time I left it he had leaked by morning (he must pee all night long!) - I use huggies size 2's and love them most of the time but they just don't last all niht... any tips for this too?

Amy

Amy xxx

Replies

• Hi Amy

Tyler goes to bed about 8 then wakes at about 2 for a feed then goes straight bk down till about 7.

Does Zac have a dummy? Maybe you could try giving him his dummy when he wakes instead of milk but then you may find he wakes earlier for a feed. If not he may wake as he is genuinly hungry and needs that feed, dont worry he'll soon stop in his own time.

As for nappies I was having the same problem and now I put Tyler in size 3s at night and its worked for us!! No more leaks.

Why dont you put this post in the BABY forum you might find mums with older babies have some advice.

Love to u both

Elaine and boys xx

[Modified by: Elaine&Boys on September 16, 2008 01:16 PM]

• Thanks elaine... he does have a dummy, so will try seeing if that does it!
    I'll post on Baby too.

Amy xx
  • Hi Amy Ashton goes down about 8.30 till 7.30 but does wake abour 2.30am at first I was feeding him every night but then tried just putting his dummy back in and now he just goes straight back to sleep!
    With regards to the nappies, have you tried pampers baby dry? I think they are fab, no leaks and no smells even after 11 hours! Tammi & Ashton xxx
  • I wish!
    My lo was sleepin for 3 or 4 hours at a time, but the last few nights she's woken every 2 hours and not settled til i've fed her, i'm shattered
    Ne tips on gettin her to sleep thru wud b greatly appreciated!
    xxx
  • Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Ashton went to bed last night at 8.30 and woke at 7.30 didn't wake at all during the night for his dummy!!! Only thing I did different was put him in his 2.5 tog sleeping bag instead of his 1 tog on as thought he might be getting cold in the night hence the waking!
    Sorry to gloat (sp). xxx
  • must be the night for it - Zac went to bed at 7 and didn't wake up till about 5.50 ish so I went and popped his dummy in and that kept him happy till 6.20 - then i gave him his morning bottle early... I'm happy with that! xxx

keep it up boys!
  • Really pleased for you Amy, bet you feel better after a good nights sleep! xxx
  • Hey girls,

Charisma is on 5oz feeds every four hours like clockwork now, so I am up at 2am and then again at 6am. OH just sleeps through it , could kick him sometimes !!

I did read that they won't sleep through the night until they are weaned, so three more months before that happens then !!

I go to bed at 9pm, which is a bit sad but I find that I have to otherwise I'm really cranky if I have not had enough sleep.

If she starts to stir and I know she's not due a feed then I will give her a dummy and rock the moses basket a bit and that seems to work sometimes.

xx

• Hi, Cameron goes to bed at 7 then wakes at any point between 2 and 4 for his bottle. i am happy with this as he goes straight back to sleep, i would rather just feed him than keep gettin up to put his dummy in (tried this one night i was shattered from keep waliking up and down the landing)
    i have also heard that they wont def sleep through until they're weaned. My mate keeps saying her lo is sleeping through but she only goes bed at 11 so technically she's not sleeping through.
    xx