Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

finger foods

thought we could have an ideas list as some babies have started and others are almost there.

Iv tried -
toast crusts Carrot sticks,
broccoli florrets
bread sticks
cheese - loves it
tried water melon yesterday - he loved it!! he could get his lil tooth right in it and it was lovely and cool on his gums! hehe

=

[Modified by: brandollarz on 24 January 2009 05:37:11 ]

Replies

• wow! Im too scared to try half of those things! If he gags he usually brings up whatever is in his stomach. Did they choke on any of it? xx
  • Elaine - I'm the same...gave Braedon a rusk the other day but as soon as it started to crumble, i paniced he was gonna choke on the pieces so i took it away! Tried again this morning and managed not to fish the bits out of his mouth, he spat out the big lumps.
    Def gonna start giving him some more finger foods now but still worried that he'll choke x
  • Tried Zacky on

Toast - sucked it til it went soggy LOL
    Crusty bread - did the same as above.
    Organix carrot sticks - Loves them.
    Pizza - sucked it to death LOL.
    Chuncky chip.
    Rusks - wiped soggy rusk over the sofa tonight.
    Malted milk biscuits both with and without chocolate - loves them.
    Breadsticks at a party on new years - his nan gave him one and then left the room - he wasnt impressed and threw it on the floor.

Havent been brave enough to try sandwiches yet, dont know what to put on them?
    Guess I should start to give him healthy food like fruit and veg as finger food as well, but Im not that brave yet.

He tried to swipe cheese on toast off my plate last week as well.

Beck n Zacky
  • Lucas faves are:

Pear slices

Beans on toast (mush the beans and use like a spread)

strips of beef or chicken from a sunday roast or salmon on rice cake lol

he also loves the little babycorn and mange tout