Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Finally settling down....

Hi girls...hope you and LOs are well....

I finally feel human again and Mason has finally got better and we have both settled into a nice routine, he has even started sleeping thru the night. I found if i stay up til his last feed I feel so much better for getting a big block of sleep instead of broken sleep. He has been going through from midnight to 630-730am.

I am still having huge problems with Sam but have put him in payschool for a whole day on a Wednesday to give us both a break. He is slowly getting better but he has been soooo much more hard work than Mason.

It really has been tough but soo worth it. Can't believe it has been a month already. I still can't fit into my normal jeans which has upset me but gave me an excuse to but some pretty summer dresses at the weekend so not all bad. I WILL fit into my old jeans tho, its my new goal!!!

Hows everybody else feeling/doing??

Katie and Mason.x x x

Replies

• Hi Katie, Glad to hear that things are getting easier for you all. I am sure putting Sam into playgroup will help both of you. I am the same when it comes to getting sleep, Ashton normally sleeps from midnight through till either 6 or 7 and find if he does I can cope with anything the next day.
    Ashton will be 3 weeks old on Wednesday and we are seeing the health visitor to get him weighted and measured, can't wait to see what lenght he is now, he was 54cm at birth and has out grown so many clothes so far as they areshort on the arms and legs.
    I did manage to get back into my jeans after two weeks however have to admit I now have a right mummy tummy hanging over the top so my misson is to get rid of that as at the moment I have to think carfully about what to wear on the top half to disguise it, lol. Tammi & ashton xxxx
  • Aw what? I can't even fit my pre preggers clothes past my ankles still and it's 6 weeks for me - mind you it's my 4th child and I'm OLD so that's my excuse!

Glad Mason's settling down Katie and I hope Sam sorts himself out soon - patience and time is all he needs.

Now, can you two stop bragging about your sleeping babies please? Reiss still feeds at 11, 2.30, 5.30 and then is up for the day! Bloody nightmare sleeper he is - he just seems to not need loads. He doesn't even sleep during the day much - he dozes for around 30 minutes at a time if I'm lucky!

Thank you both for my birthday wishes - I'll leave you messages via facebok when I get time!
    xx
  • Ah Karen thank god for you! Cameron also still needs feeds at night. though we're not yet in set feed times, he takes different amounts each time so that tends to set the balance for what times he feeds at night. last night he fed at 9, 1.30 then 5.30 and was up for the day. though we've had a few hours top up sleep now.

the thought of a full nights unbroken sleep is heavenly!! cant wait for those nights!!

katie im really glad mason is doing well now, but very bitter your getting all that sleep!! haha!

x x
  • listef, you've made my day - I thought I was the only one who had a lo who just refused to sleep at night! At least we can think of each other at those stupid times of the night/morning now.

Do you watch tv when you are up feeding? I'm addicted to Discovery Home and Health and must have watched every birthing programme going LOL.

How old is Cameron?xx
  • Hi Karen. i just come downstairs to get his bottle while oh changes his nappy then i feed him upstairs with a night light on and put him straight back down. he normally wakes up so i try and settle him without picking him up cos otherwise iv ended up sat up with him for hours.

when he woke at 5.30 i just fetched him downstairs cos he was having a whinge n oh had to be up for work at 7.

i breastfed for 2 weeks and i watched tele then cos feeding takes much longer...id have fallen asleep if i didnt!! im a fan of animal planet myself!! haha!!

he's 3 n a half weeks old now.

are you up lots in the night then? are you breastfeeding or bottle?

• Do you know he's actually settled into a little bit of a routine - he's up at 12-1am and then 5.30 but then he's up for the day! Up until 2 days ago he was up at 2, 4 and 6ish so flipping nightmare - and yes, he's breastfed!

These babies just really need to learn about daytime and nightime! I wouldn't mind, but Reiss doesn't even sleep much during the day - he just likes being carried around all day (preferably with my boob in his mouth!)xx
  • Hi Katie,

I am sure I read one of your posts that Mason has reflux and is on gaviscon? Sam has just been diagnosed with it and I also have gaviscon, can you tell me if its helped him at all??

I hope you are well, I am loving being a mummy but have found it soooo hard to deal with all the probs reflux brings, Sam is just coming up 6 weeks and is growing so fast!!

c xxxxx
  • HI hun, so sorry, been a hectic day and only just got online at this godly hour so will be short but will reply to you in more detail tmrw....

Mason is like a different baby on gaviscon...he has one sachet in his 5 oz bottle, he is on hungry baby food so his milk is now really thick so the only prob I have is constipation. Doc says they do suffer with constipation for a while as the gav thickens the milk up so don't worry.
    I give Mason 2.5ml of Lactulose every other day and it keeps his bowels moving with ease.

Brilliant site for you......www.reflux.com

Its so helpful, just wish I had found it sooner.

Trust me once your LO has had gav for 24 hours fingers crossed he will be so much more settled esp if you follow the tips on the website also...

Will catch up with you again tmrw but wanted to reply as I have been looking out for you ever since I had Mason but havn't come across any of your posts as to when you had your LO etc....

I hope he settles soon hun as it is truly awful for you both as I well know...

Katie and Mason.x x x