Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Screaming Fits before bed

Hey everyone,
Just a quick question to see if anyone else is going thru this. Sophie is as good as cold throughout the day she is so chilled and happy, but when it gets to around 7oclock every evening for the past couple of weeks shes bin going mad. Just screaming for no apparent reason, iv tried feeding her, winding her, rubbing bonjela on her gums, cuddling her, giving calpol and nothing works, until shes bin going for about 45mins then she has a couple of oz of milk before going to sleep and been out for the night.

Im happy that she goes off and sleeps thru but im really at a loss as to why she screams like she does, its really gut renching she sounds like shes been murdered and its horrible to listen to especially as iv dun everything i can. Does anyone elses babies do this, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong, or is she just been grump. I just dnt want this to become part of her bedtime routine, which at the moment it is. Kerry xxx

Replies

• Hi Kerry, stupid question but could she be overtired? Ashton gets like this sometimes and fights going to sleep! Does she nap much during the day? xxxx
  • I was gonna say the same thing Tammi. Try giving her a bath about 30 mins b4 u know she will start getting grumpy then milk and bed and try putting her down b4 shes actually asleep. Good luck babe xx xx
  • Yup, I agree. Reiss does this every night and if I wait for his dad to come in and bath him at 6-6.30pm he screams his way through it. I've started to bath him at 5.30pm and then bring him downstairs for a little while before I take him up and feed him before bed at 6.30-7pm.

Much less stress and makes for a calmer environment in general. DH not too happy mind cos he loves doing the boys bath!xx
  • Kerry, Josh is a real grump before he has his bath and usually screams.... he's just tired and ready for his bed. He gets a second wind once he gets into the bath, but as soon as he comes out he remembers he's knackered. He fights he sleep all of the time and is a right pain. I'm hoping that he eventually realises that sleep is actually quite nice!
  • Cheers girls, It cud be that shes over tired coz she just has 20mins here and there during the day and doesnt actually have a sleep, i think this is because she sleeps 12hours at night. Will try ur suggestions of getting her sorted and to bed a little earlier. Kerry xxx