Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What can I do to get my baby to sleep again!!!

My baby girl is nearly 4 months old and was until 4 weeks ago sleeping through. We have just started to put her on hungry baby milk and we give her baby rice too but she is still waking in the night and its driving me crazy!! Any suggestions? Also thought it may be teeth!! x:\?

Replies

• Is that you Sarah? I do apoligise if its not. Anyway, I might not be any help because Sophie isnt do to bad at the min and kind of fell into a routine at about 8weeks. U cud make sure that shes not getting cold during the night, maybe a cardy and/or a growbag, I know Sophie starts stirring and is restless when she is cold. Failing that i think its just a case of persivering (sp?) and trying to get a routine set up at night (eg. bath, pj's, bottle, cot...), and sticking ridgidly to it. Also wen she is getting up in the night perhaps try givin her water instead of milk (and keep everything as dark as pos) and after a week or two she will stop waking for it. I know this method is hard at first, and she may get up more than usual but it does work. Just make sure she has plenty to eat during the day. Gud luck hun, hope she starts sleeping though soon as sleep deprivation is awful. Kerry xxx
  • Hi babe, it could be down to teeth and/or jabs.

When Tyler had his first lot of jabs it threw his sleeping pattern right out and took a while to settle again. The last few nights he has been waking with teething pain - I knew this as he was really chewing his fist and his cry was different than when he cries for milk, its more of a painful cry. I gave him a dose of Calprofen (baby Ibruprofen) after his last bottle and he slept longer than the previous nights so it confirmed it was his teeth!

Hope ur lil girl is ok and starts sleeping through again soon. If your gonna stick around on this sight let me know your babys name, due date, D.O.B and weight and I'll add her to the June Birthday list there is also a baby forum too that we all go on, its great for advice and the ladies on there are lovely.

Take care xx