Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sore finger!

Hiya, my name is Dani and I am new to the site. Am hoping someone can help!!
My little girl is 4 1/2 months old and has always sucked her fingers. Today I have noticed she has a small sore on one of her fingers.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea what I can put on the sore before it gets any worse?!

Thanks alot xx

Replies

• Options
    HI & Welcome!!! Ashton is four months now and has done this a couple of times! To be honest I din't put anything on it and just let it heal itself and everything was fine! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for that, hopefully Macie's finger will just heal itself then. Fingers crossed!! x
  • Options
    hiya nice 2 meet u, my daughter (siena) is 4 mths and is teething really bad so every minute her fingers are in her mouth. if i was you i would also leave it and just keep wiping her finger so it stays as clean as possible the thing is with creams etc are they safe to eat?? as soon as you apply it onto the finger i bet the finger will go back into her mouth cheeky things!!
    hope it gets better keep us posted xx
  • Options
    aaawww bless her. I agree - leave it. Tyler does this too and i leave it to heal and just try to discourage it by pulling it out and distracting him with a toy - its not worked yet!! :lol:

post ur babys name date of birth and due date and i'll pop her on the birthday list xx
  • Options
    Thanks alot for your replies everyone. I have left it alone and it seems to be healing up ok now!
    My babies name is Macie Chapman and she was born 3rd June

Look forward to speaking to you all again soon xx
  • Options
    hi babe how is Macie's finger? xx
  • Options
    It does seem to be healing up nicely now, Thanks for asking xx