Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back to Work!

Hi all,

I am so upset at the moment as I am going back to work next monday (6th October)! Can't believe the time has gone so fast and will miss Olly so much. I'm affraid that i'm going to miss out on so much of his growing up, but have to go back as we can't really afford me being off any longer. I am also worried that I'm going to be a complete mess at work and will not be able to focus as Olly is still getting up at least once in the night.
Maybe i'll just have another baby and then I won't have to work anymore as the childcare will be too expensive!

When is everyone else going back?

Jules and Olly
:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,
    I'm gonna have to go to work middle to end of oct cos thats when my mat allowance runs out. Like u i really dont want to cos i feel like im gonna mis out on so much, but we're tryin to save up 4 a house so needs must i sposeimage

xxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I'm due to go back March '09! I know i've still got another 6ish months, but am already dreading it..not sure how i'm gonna feel closer to the time! But, like you lizzy we would like to move house & on one persons wages its never gonna happen!!
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    My mat pay runs out first week of March - although its only SMP so hardly masses of money as it is! We saved hard whilst i was preg so that I could take a full year off so all being well I am planning to go back June next year.... Mind you the way things are with finances in general at the mo we're keeping an open mind and if i have to go back early then unfortunately so be it! As is the case for most of us i woud assume - there is never any way I would be able to afford not to at all!

Amy xxx
  • Options
    its a crap position to be in. i wanna go to work part time of course heehee for that "me" time its really hard being with a baby and toddler all day and a lot of the we are on our own and i always talk mummy things with my friends so would like that grown up conversation again and we are in the same boat as we also need the money but childcare is an issue. my hubby has every monday of and another day which varies and my parents can do the childcare at wknds but i dont want to be working all my hubbys days of we wants some family time. its so poo image
    my mat money runs out end of jan '09 so ive got till after xmas till i need to do something, what are you all gonna be working as?? x
  • Options
    Hi there before we had Ashton I was a senior travel consultant - sounds a whole lot posher than it is! Really dont want to go back to work at all, haven't told work that though. Maternity pay finishes in March 09 so got a while yet. To be honest if we can manage on SMP then I wont be going back as childcare costs are so high plus it would mean Ashton being in childcare from 08.30 till 5.30 and 40 minutes traveling every morning and evening, which I think is too long a day for him.
    We are currently trying for number 2 though so fingers crossed then I can definatly stay home!!!! Xxxx
  • Options
    hi Jules,
    im due back to work April 09 and really dont want to go back, i work to far away from home and the cost of getting to work is now ??100 a month, cant really afford that now we have Anabel, ive spoken with my OH and we have decided i will get a part time job where we live, cant really afford not too xx
    i was the higher earner so need something as smp is really bad.
    im thinking working a few nights a week at the local superstore xxx;\)